? asked in TravelAsia PacificThailand · 9 years ago

How can Thailand get rid of its horrible corruption?

Thailand's government offices, schools and even some temples are plagued by corrupt leaders and staff. This really is Thailand's biggest problem. How do you think Thailand will get past this? What is the key to breaking corruptions grip over the nation? Will it ever be broken?

What are your thoughts on this?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course it can be broken, but it won't be easy. You need a VERY strong leader to do that. Frederick the Great did that in Prussia. Others did it in their countries. All of them were very strong personalities who -in this case- worked for the benefit of the nation.

That is the problem in Thailand. Nobody works for the nation. Everybody works for himself. Thaksin only pretended to fight corruption. He did, but only corruption of his enemies. He was more than happy to accept a bribe himself, make sure his friends got plenty or give lavishly where & when necessary.

Be honest: a country that spends a fortune on an aircraft carrier rusting away at the dock right now, how can you even hope to end corruption?

• 9 years ago

Corruption is much worse in places like the US where it laws are passed to make corrupt practices legal and it costs people much more there. Corruption is hardly Thailand's biggest problem and nobody really cares so Thailand will continue to be a nice place to live and vacation just the way it is.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Corruption is Thailand's biggest problem. Don't listen to those who say different. It's destroying the nation. Not sure what the solution is. Maybe Thailand needs a revolution.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The Office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission has a strategy in place, but I don't think corruption wil go away anytime soon.

http://www.nacc.go.th/main.php?filename=index_en

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Corruption is everywhere - - I have always said that they have plenty more in the USA. They just pass laws to legalize it. How does halliburton get no bid contracts to provide services to the army that they used to do for themselves and at exorbitant prices - - they passed laws deregulating the banks and the bankers went crazy... and then donate tons to the pols. - i would guess that if any of us knew the ins and outs in most coutnries, it would be upsetting.

• 9 years ago

I'm sure corruption is every where, but here it is more in your face such as police trying to get money from motorists.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.