I'm confused, am I really Native American?

Okay, I was talking with my mom and we're Mexican with descents from Spain. I do know that Mexicans are technically Spanish too because they descended from Spain, or most. Correct me if I am wrong, I really want to get things straight. I'm actually very interested in knowing.

I want to know what Spanish people really are (like Indian wise or if not). I want to know the right things before I go tell anyone the wrong information.

Give me all the details you have possible, thank you SO much!

• Peach
    Favorite Answer

Spanish descend? You're Caucasian. If you were from an Indigenous Mexican ethnic group, you would already know it & would not be asking this question.

Millions of Mexicans are not from Spanish descend. Like Salma Hayek,Carlos Slim,Fernando Salas,ect.

The guy above me a totally wrong & bogus answer. His answer is like claiming all Canadians are descended from British & French people. Millions of Mexicans have NO SPANISH BLOOD.

• marlar

because of the fact contained in the nineteenth century, they have been reffered to as Indians, and a few circumstances even called by way of the call of their tribe. It wasn't until the twentieth century, that they became to be called, interior reach american. no one in our time, quite knows why they weren't regarded as such, formerly, yet they have been in u.s. first. have confidence it or no longer, the human beings who consult from them as indians, are basically some, presently. that is basically the uneducated who do it. the folk of India, are, a minimum of technically, the only genuine Indians. yet in a manner, to consult from the Natives as interior reach, is a splash complicated, because of the fact human beings of all races, who have been born contained in the U. S. are additionally interior reach to the rustic, even however no longer interior reach interior reach, like the Natives are, yet by way of delivery.

• ಠ_ಠ given the nature of the conquest of the Americas, there may very well be Native American blood in your ancestry. however, consult a source such as ancestry.com for further research. you derp.

Native Mexican. Unless you can claim actual native "American" roots then no you are not.

spanish people are the spaniards from spain,europe.

Well from what you said, not quite sure but mostly likely not.

Btw youre pretty :D

Mexican= Native American+ White(Spain)

Some Mexicans are: Native American+ White+ African/Black

As suggested by history and consistent with Mexican's self-image, genetic studies have found the Mexican population to be of mainly Amerindian and European ancestry.[29] Most researches have also found a small African contribution.

Most studies have shown a European contribution of somewhere between 40-60% and an Amerindian contribution of 40-60%, and an African contribution of 1-5%. Basing an average from admixture levels found in many studies, the European contribution is ~50% and the Amerindian contribution is ~50% in a dual (European-Amerindian) model. A tri-racial (European-Amerindian-African) model yields an African contribution of ~2.5%, with average European and Amerindian contributions a small amount lower than 50% each.

According to a paper presented by the American Society of Human Genetics Mexicans were found to be 58.96% European, 36.05% "Asian" (Amerindian), and 5.03% African. Sonora shows the highest European contribution (70.63%) and Guerrero the lowest (51.98%). In Guerrero one also observes the highest Asian contribution (37.17%). African contribution ranges from 2.8% in Sonora to 11.13% in Veracruz. 80% of the Mexican population was classed as mestizo (Amerindian-Spanish).[30]

Another study,[31] one focusing on the general population in five Latin American nations — Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Mexico, and Puerto Rico, — estimated that about half (50.1%) of Mexican ancestry was of Amerindian origin; 44.3%, European; and 5.6%, African. Compared to the other Latin American countries, Mexico was found to have the smallest amount of African admixture. Mexico has the second largest amount of Amerindian ancestry, topped by Ecuador.

A paper[32] specifically focusing on Mexican mestizos, has found them to be mostly Amerindian (55.2%) but also having a large amount of European admixture (41.8%). African ancestry was found to be 1.8% and East Asian ancestry, 1.2%. The samples were drawn from six Mexican cities: Sonora and Zacatecas (ZAC) in the north, Guanajuato in the center, Guerrero in the center–Pacific, Veracruz in the center–Gulf, and Yucatán in the southeast. As to regional differences, it was found that Guerrero had the largest degree of both Amerindian and African admixture (66% and 4.1% respectively), and Sonora, the largest degree of European ancestry (61.6%).

Still another study showed genetic diversity in Latin American mestizos, with an average of more than half of Mexican mestizos' genetics coming from European ancestry followed by a large Amerindian component, with a very small African contribution