Melissa asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

How do I lose 25-30 Pounds?

I am 20 years old and currently weigh about 145-150 pounds. I am trying to lose 25-30 pounds so that I could average a weight of about 120-125. I do a little in home cardio for 30 to an hour, 5 days a week. I just bought the p90x workout videos, and am watching my calorie and food intake. Do I need to workout longer? run more? Will the p90x work? Also, am I not losing weight because I am not eating ONLY food that is great for me?

Please Help ME!

- Im trying to lose it before Memorial Day

• Rishi
    Favorite Answer

Well, if you've decided to stick to a particular workout then i won't say much about it. But there are things i can share:

1. Length of workout - between 45-75 mins as the body produces testosterone for 45 mins at a time

2. Role played by Exercise- 10% and Diet- 90%. So, start healthy diet asap

3. Start practicing Sun Salutation in the evenings to increase metabolism and get a cardio with whole body workout, isn't it great?

4. Also every morning:

a. Drink one glass of water and practice Palm Tree Pose 10 times

b. Drink second glass of water and practice Swaying Palm Tree 10 times

c. Drink third glass of water and practice Waist Rotation Pose 10 times

d. Drink fourth glass of water and go to the toilet and sit for 5 mins

e. Then go to toilet and stay there for 5-7 mins without efforts and let the stomach clean itself.

Happy working out!

Rishi

Yoga Teacher

DIVINE WELLNESS - Delivering Yoga at Your Home