Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

some tips on losing weight?

im 16 years old and im a female. in december i weighed myself and i weighed around 114, which has been my weight for about a year because i dont really grow. im 5'2. i weighed myself today (i dont have my period and im not getting till about 2 weeks) and i weigh 121 now. i starting crying. im disgusted with myself for this weight gain. i want to lose about 5-10 pounds. how should i start? so far im going start eating healthy foods. but any at home workouts you guys recommend for thighs and stomach? i want to start tomorrow. also, ive never EVER gained weight like this before. ive always been built the same (not skinny or fat, just curvy with a medium sized butt and a normal chest size)

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Start with small steps and try to achieve small goals. Make small changes to start with and one day you will notice your growth you had never thought of!

Natural and safe weight loss falls between 1-1.5 lbs a week. Stick to 1200-1500 cal a day, once a while treat yourself but never go beyond 1800. Yoga is a safe and long lasting (rather everlasting) method of loosing weight. Its a way that can not only tone your legs but also your whole body and retain it as it is for all your life.

You may start with the below tried and tested program and must hit the gym for cardio or swimming every other day:

1. Palm Tree Pose, 10 times

2. Swaying Palm Tree Pose, 10 times

3. Double Angle Pose, 10 times

4. Triangle Pose, 5 times

5. Sun Salutation, 12-15 rounds

6. Relaxation Pose, 5 mins

7. Twisting Cobra Pose, 10 times

8. Head to Knee Pose, 5 times each leg

9. Balance Pose, swapping hands and elbows alternatively

10. Relaxation with abdominal breath, 10 mins

11. Bellows Breathing, 5 mins

12. Alternate Nostril Breathing, 5 mins

Every other day when you're in the gym, perform first 9 practices then:

1. Elliptical 15 mins

2. Bike 15 mins

3. Run 20 mins;

1st 5mins. slow

2nd 5mins fast

3rd 5mins slow

4th 5mins faster

4. Relaxation with abdominal breath, 10 mins

5. Bellows Breathing, 5 mins

6. Alternate Nostril Breathing, 5 mins

Also every morning:

1. Drink one glass of water and practice Palm Tree Pose 10 times

2. Drink second glass of water and practice Swaying Palm Tree 10 times

3. Drink third glass of water and practice Waist Rotation Pose 10 times

4. Drink fourth glass of water and go to the toilet and sit for 5 mins

And rest of the day:

b) Drink lime and honey every morning mixed with room temperature water.

c) Only drink lukewarm water whenever you are thirsty.

d) Avoid fats, spices and oily food

e) When hungry prefer seasonal fruits and vegetables instead

f) When you eat just think that 'this bite i'm chewing is getting efficiently absorbed and nourishing my body'. Then even you eat on the go you "eat consciously"

Rishi

Yoga Teacher

DIVINE WELLNESS - Delivering Yoga at Your Home

First off, start by eating healthier. Eat mostly fruits and vegetables, with plenty of protein, fiber and carbohydrates. A good trick to not eat so much is to not pile food on your plate over one inch high, and not to finish everything on your plate. Also, stay away from foods high in sugar, salt, preservatives, and fat. This means limiting or cutting out all chips, sodas, cake, ice cream, pizza, french fries, hot dogs, or anything fried. Instead, go for a salad, something grilled, veggies, fruit, and drink lots of water.

I suggest eating 4-6 small meals a day to get your metabolism running fast to burn more fat along with the workouts. Make sure your meals are low in fat, and have lots of vegetables, fruits, low fat meats, low fat dairy and carbs for energy when you workout.

For snacks, I recommend non-fat yogurt, fruits like grapes, oranges, and bananas, or low calorie gum. The snacks will come in handy if you start getting hungry and need a snack, to prevent possible binging later. Switch your carbohydrates to whole wheat, and switch over to lean meat, such as fish. Try to keep your food as natural as possible.

Be sure not to drink too much alcohol, as that can be a depressant. It can make you depressed, which can cause you to overeat (binge).

As for working out and exercising, I recommend doing a variety of all sorts of activities, like jumproping, jumping jacks, hula hooping, crunches, situps, pullups, pushups, planks, jackknives, stretching, lifting weights, yoga, pilates, squats, lungs, bicycling, swimming, running, work out CD's, and strength training. Doing as many different activities as you can that use different muscles is important- it will help you get so much more toned, and lose more weight. Just try and fit as much exercise as you can in a day. Joining a sport really helps with this because you can work out and make friends.

Also, what I do is I keep a food journal online. It helps me keep track of what I'm doing, what I should change, and my calories. I use www.everydayhealth.com, and its free and it works great.

And last, but not least, believe you can lose the weight, because you can! Because having a positive outlook about it all can help you go farther.

Good luck! :)

eat 5 6 small meals a day instead of 3

skip the bagel and in favor of whole wheat toast

try to have a little lean protein with each meal as protein tends to be more satisfying than carbs or fats

think ahead to how youll eat and exercise on the weekends its easy to get too relaxed on saturdays and sundays but healthy living is a 7 day a week endeavor

45 minute jog at a 10 minute mile pace

• Leslie

if you re trying to lose weight with your significant other pack each others lunches the lunchbox surprises will keep the both of you motivated

nurse a hangover sleep in for an hour and 53 minutes

• Lavina

Consume honey before bed because consumption of honey may help to burn more fat during those early hours of sleep