Why is Aria labeled as a sci-fi?
The Aria series is labeled as a sci-fi, but whats so science fiction about it? I dont see it lol
- DaskLv 78 years agoFavorite Answer
You're right, if you ask me labeling it as a sci-fi series is a bit of a stretch. I wondered about that too when I first began watching it. However even though the sci-fi aspects are totally glossed over, it still qualifies I guess. These are the only reasons I can think of for why its considered that..
- It takes place on Aqua, which was formerly Mars after it has been terraformed
- There are space ships and other types of hovering ships
- The weather and gravity is totally controlled by humans
- All the magical elements in the series; for example, Cait Sith
- Some technology you see is futuristic, like their phones/computers for example
So it definitely has some qualities of a sci-fi.. even though it doesn't seem like it in the slightest when you watch it. I mean I suppose it fits the bill, though its kind of a stretch
- green meklarLv 78 years ago
Um, because it is? They live on a terraformed version of Mars in the future, what's not sci-fi about that?
- Experto CredoLv 78 years ago
With the exception of the ghost episode, it has me puzzled as well, unless they feel life on an alien planet is 'sci-fi-'.