1. Create a fire in the pit of the grill and close the lid, and then allow the grill to heat up for ten minutes.
2. Use the Scrape a brass, copper or stainless steel grill brush to scrape the iron grates Use the brush to remove any grease or burned food that may be on the grill. Please ensure that the grill is cool before you start to do this step.
3.Remove the cast iron grates from the grill.
4. Mix 1 cup liquid dish soap and 1 cup sea into a paste and then scrub the cast grates with the paste using another grill brush. Allow this mixture to dry onto the grill for 30 minutes or longer.
5. You need to ring the cast iron grates with warm water and then dry them off with paper towels. Coat both sides of the grates with a generous amount of cooking oil.
6. Place the cast iron grates back on to the grill. Light the fire in the grill again and close the lid. Allow the grates with the cooking oil to sit over the fire for at least 1 hour. The same as step 2, ensure that the grill is cool before proceeding.
7. The last step is that coat the cast iron grates on both sides again with cooking oil. In order to keep it looking good, you can apply a small amount of cooking oil to rag and wipe down the exterior of the grill.
· 7 years ago