Why did he say this? I'm very confused! Help please :) ?!?

First off, I apologize for making this so long! So I was really good friends with this guy (lets call him Bob). So Bob asked me out on Valentines day and I said sure so then I became his gf. It wasn't working though and it was always awkward talking to him. So I broke up with Bob and told him we should... show more First off, I apologize for making this so long!

So I was really good friends with this guy (lets call him Bob). So Bob asked me out on Valentines day and I said sure so then I became his gf. It wasn't working though and it was always awkward talking to him. So I broke up with Bob and told him we should be friends (jerk of me to say right? But I really meant it.) And he was like sure! Then we didn't talk for a few days and I asked a question on here before about how to save our friendship, and I did (thought i did) and it was fine and there wasn't any awkwardness.

Then today we were passing notes in class and Bob was trying to flirt with me and making it incredibly obvious that he still liked me. Then he said he was gonna ask this girl he likes out again in April. Alright, so I'm trying to be nice but avoid this cuz honestly I broke up with him for a bigger reason than the awkwardness. But Bob doesn't seem to get it. Then he says (quote),"I actually have a thing for 4 girls. I know disgusting right? But if one fails there's another one to replace them."

I truly have no idea why he said this. Was he just being honest? Was he trying to make me jealous? (that's what my friends thought) Or was he trying to get back at me for breaking up with him?

I want to thank u ahead of time. Especially for bothering to read this at all. And I really appreciate ur answers! :)
Update: We were dating for 2 and a half weeks. It was awkward because Bob completely changed when I became his gf (completely) and I just didn't know what to say to him ever. Then he got really clingy and he was trying to be sweet, but it was overwhelming. Bob and I were a lot better as friends.