Why did he say this? I'm very confused! Help please :) ?!?

First off, I apologize for making this so long!

So I was really good friends with this guy (lets call him Bob). So Bob asked me out on Valentines day and I said sure so then I became his gf. It wasn't working though and it was always awkward talking to him. So I broke up with Bob and told him we should be friends (jerk of me to say right? But I really meant it.) And he was like sure! Then we didn't talk for a few days and I asked a question on here before about how to save our friendship, and I did (thought i did) and it was fine and there wasn't any awkwardness.

Then today we were passing notes in class and Bob was trying to flirt with me and making it incredibly obvious that he still liked me. Then he said he was gonna ask this girl he likes out again in April. Alright, so I'm trying to be nice but avoid this cuz honestly I broke up with him for a bigger reason than the awkwardness. But Bob doesn't seem to get it. Then he says (quote),"I actually have a thing for 4 girls. I know disgusting right? But if one fails there's another one to replace them."

I truly have no idea why he said this. Was he just being honest? Was he trying to make me jealous? (that's what my friends thought) Or was he trying to get back at me for breaking up with him?

I want to thank u ahead of time. Especially for bothering to read this at all. And I really appreciate ur answers! :)

We were dating for 2 and a half weeks. It was awkward because Bob completely changed when I became his gf (completely) and I just didn't know what to say to him ever. Then he got really clingy and he was trying to be sweet, but it was overwhelming. Bob and I were a lot better as friends.

Favorite Answer

Most guys, not all but most, have a VERY hard time going back to being "friends" once it has gone beyond that. Altho you did not say how far past friends you went, you did say you were his GF. Really? For how long, 20 minutes? Why was it awkward talking to him? And if that's not the real reason you broke it off, what is the"bigger" reason?

His first response when you asked if you could still be friends was "sure" because it tells him he still has a place in your life, which to him is better that "Eat sh-t and die, go away". You being friendly to him has led him to think that if he flirts w/ you maybe you'll respond and get back together.

All the other talk about girls is fiction, he's lonely and miserable. It's not really "payback", he's telling you that you're not the only woman in the world that is interested in him. Fiction. If there were 4 girls interested in him, he wouldn't be paying so much attention to you. Ask him who these girls are, that you might be able to help him out with one of them, as a "friend". Bet you a $ he hems and haws and then says he'd rather not talk to you about them. They are fictions of his mind. Don't hurt him further by rubbing that in. But you need to stop being "friends" for a while, until you hear that he's going with someone. Then send him a congratulations email, telling him you're really glad he found someone. Keep it reasonably short and impersonal, don't give him anything to fantasize about where you are concerned.

Source(s): life. 4 long term relationships, still friends w/ 3 of them. Each relationship lasted a minimum of 10 years.

I'm a guy, so maybe I can help. I know how we think.

Maybe he was being honest, kind of. We're known to like (at least in the physical sense) lots of girls at once. He's probably not arrogant to actually believe that he can get any girl he wants any time, but he probably really is attracted to them. We all kind of want every woman we see, but saying that isn't too classy so we keep a lid on it. Love isn't blind, it just knows when to keep its mouth shut.

He might have been trying to hurt you back for breaking it with him, which also isn't too classy.

Your friends, however, are wrong about trying to make you jealous, because we don't do that. Make-him-jealous is strictly a girls' game, and you play it because you know it would work on you. It actually has the opposite effect on guys, and pushes us away. We don't make girls jealous, because we know how much stress and drama a jealous girl can generate. That hell-hath-no-fury saying was written for a reason, you know.

Bob here just doesn't sound like the right guy for you, so good thing you broke off with him before things got too serious. Even if he was just talking smack in the heat of the moment, he's not classy at all for saying that to you. You can get a classier guy than him without even trying.

Well personally if someone said that to me I would either take as him trying to make me jealous and feel like **** . I remember going out with this one guy , Morgan and he said to me you better consider youself lucky going out with me because there are all these surfie girls at my school who want me and they are pretty good looking too .

So Bob is either trying to make you jealous and get back at you for breaking up with him

Or he is a bit of a player and he always has a rebound chick which might be April .

I know myself I try to make anyone who dumps me jealous to see if there is a reaction , if there is I assume that person still has feelings for me.

Overall I think he is just trying to make you jealous , however this is from general knowledge I do not know Bob personally . Try asking someone who knows him pretty well what they think , that is if you can find anyone you can trust enought :)

lmao its not long! I love reading stories like these anyways! But u kinda answered ur own question in the2nd to last paragraph! Haha and I don't even know y u broke up with him if it wasn't for the awkwardness haha and maybe he's not flirting with u or maybe he is but just trying to rebuild ur friendship.. I flirt with a lot of girls when I'm single but I never mean it a lot of the times haha hope I helped!(:

he said this in a way as to say, he has other so he will not spend time with you any longer if you break up with him again. in a way it was a threat' to let you know he does not need you for he has others. sorry' but for a guy to act this way seems as if he only wants sex and nothing else for as he said' he has others. so if you want to get hurt he will do this when he gets tired of being with you. he will then go to one of his others. it seems as if he just wants to play the field and is not sham to tell you this so do be causes' with this one. he has others waiting in line as he told you, as he will then turn to them at any time. so do give this some thought.

I dont think he is very Pro or expert in handling girlls. Cause he would be such kind of guy ,then rather than saying and flirting he would have done it.

He's trying to make you JEALOUS.

I'm absolutely positive.

So sorry, I don't think you'll be able to comfortably be "just friends" anytime soon.

all guys try and make u jealous they wanna make you seem that there doing better with out you!(:

He's trying to make you jealous

Bob's so hot.