Should I call the police even if my parents say no?

My brother is a drug addict, hes 20 years old and he throws baby fits when he gets on the floor, kicks, screams and cries. hes caused over 5000$ of damage to our house, from tearing down window blinds, punching holes in walls, staining carpet with oil, and kicking doors. He throws fits when he doesnt have money for drugs, he threatens suicide to manipulate my parents if they don't give him money. Hes cut himself infront of them to get what he wants, he hits himself, he slams his head against the wall. His fits can go on for 8 hours or more. They usually last 3-4. My parents say if I call the cops I'll be in deep trouble. They always give into him. If I tell him to shut up or stop calling my mom and dad names or to calm down he calls me names and degrades me constantly even when hes not throwing a fit. He says he smokes weed for 'back pain' but hes faking it. He faked it all the way to getting a 200$ check a month. He does tons of other drugs aswell. And if my parents say no after the 5 hour mark he calls my grandparents in different states to get money from them. I went up to michigan to visit my grandma and he called her when i was in the car with her and my grandma had an anxiety attack. He is selfish and hurts others just to get what he wants. What can I do? This is enough and has gone too far please help!! email me if youd like to talk more or have any questions to answer my question better at rachellevault @ yahoo . com

thank you so much!

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Call the police. There are times when you never listen to your parents. This is one of them.

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    This is insane because I am in a situation almost exactly as yours

    My brother is a 21 year old meth addict and he does the exact same thing that your brother does

    And idk

    If you wanna email me you can

    I've had to call the police on my brother all the time for breaking into our house and stealing money and our tv

    And I have anxiety disorder too because of it

    How weird :/

    Call the police if you feel threatened

    I have kicked out my screen and jumped two stories out my window into the bushes because of how my brother was acting

    Drug addicts are dangerous

    Family or not

  • 9 years ago

    Your parents seem to be in denial about the situation. Sounds like your brother needs a reality check and maybe jail is the way to straighten him up. Your parents may not realize it but by "protecting" him from the police they are really just being enablers to his addiction. People need consequences for their actions and they need to be held accountable. This sounds like a dangerous situation to live in. Do you have any options to move out or live somewhere else? If your parents won't budge on this, you need to start thinking of your own safety and health.

  • Troy
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

    I would, but I'm not like most people. I do things because it's the right thing to do, imagine if this goes on and he overdoses and you could have saved him by calling 911. If your that worried but dont want ur parents to know u called then set him up so it looks like he got caught. Call the police as an anonymous tip. In the end your parents will thank you. It's the right thing to do.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    Jesus he sounds spoiled as ****. What a bad situation. But i would call the cops for domestic violence and have a neighbor call. He sounds like he needs help or structure in his life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.