Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Henrietta Lacks! PLEASE HELP!!?

I am doing a TOK presentation on Henrietta Lacks but i have no idea on how to approach the subject? my partner is focusing on the ethics behind Lacks but i dont know what to do! I need to make a knowledge issue question but i have no idea on what i should focus on! Please Help! This is due very very soon!! I would greatly appreciate any help please!

Favorite Answer

hmmm... Perhaps you could either give just a general history of HeLa cells, or discuss how they're different from regular human cells grown in a lab? Or focus more on the human aspect of the whole thing and discuss Henrietta's life?

Anyway, if you haven't already, you should read a book called "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks". It's really good and gives a lot of information about the topic.

I in simple terms finished reading it too!! It change right into a birthday present from my daughter. What and remarkable and heartbreaking tale. It fairly made me contemplate the point of ethics (or lack of) contained in the medical study market...