Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Henrietta Lacks! PLEASE HELP!!?

I am doing a TOK presentation on Henrietta Lacks but i have no idea on how to approach the subject? my partner is focusing on the ethics behind Lacks but i dont know what to do! I need to make a knowledge issue question but i have no idea on what i should focus on! Please Help! This is due very very soon!! I would greatly appreciate any help please!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

hmmm... Perhaps you could either give just a general history of HeLa cells, or discuss how they're different from regular human cells grown in a lab? Or focus more on the human aspect of the whole thing and discuss Henrietta's life?

Anyway, if you haven't already, you should read a book called "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks". It's really good and gives a lot of information about the topic.

• 4 years ago

I in simple terms finished reading it too!! It change right into a birthday present from my daughter. What and remarkable and heartbreaking tale. It fairly made me contemplate the point of ethics (or lack of) contained in the medical study market...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.