Natalie asked in 社會及文化語言 · 8 years ago

Q about Australian English

Excuse me, I am a Hong Kong student and I will immigrate to Australia in 2 Years. I want to ask something about accents and the use of English.

Since the schools in Hong Kong teaches British English, I don't know is there any main difference between UK and AU English?

And also the accent, can anyone please briefly explain how to speak an Australian Accent?

Thank You!

Rating
    Favorite Answer

I don't know is there any main difference between UK and AU English?

No much, the slang used are different. So some words may have a different meaning and usage.

Australia is as big as China, so their accents differ from place to place. If you live in a city, you wouldn't notice much, the more away you are from the city, the more accents you would hear. Don't worry, you will pick up the accents as soon as you settle down in Australia.

If you want to be more prepared. Here is a online radio station you can turn in. It should help.

http://www.adonline.id.au/radio/

2012-03-15 15:53:59 補充:

Exactly

To-die is vary hut.

Thank you for a vivid example.

Ya, "to-die" is very hut! 今天非常熱