Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHome Schooling · 9 years ago

HOME SCHOOL in New York City?

I live in NYC and will be home schooled next year (I am in 8th grade now btw)

Where do I get the books and supplies needed for homeschooling?

Do my parents have to be approved by the board of ed?

How does it all work out?

Thanks! (10 points)

• SoBox
    Favorite Answer

There are no specific books or supplies required to home school. What you use is really up to you and your parents. You can buy a boxed curriculum, or you can put together your own curriculum designed to meet your needs and interests. Personally, I suggest the latter. Honestly, you get the materials wherever you can - the library, book stores, online shops, EBay, etc.

Yes, your parents need to submit a letter of intent. To home school to your district's superintendent. You can get more information here: http://www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/New_York.pdf