POLL: Adding Contacts Better Chance of Getting Best Answer?

POLL QUESTION: Does adding someone as a contact on Yahoo Answers give you a better chance of them giving you Best Answer? Or does it not matter since so many people let their questions go to public voting? What's your opinion and experience with this?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, it depends on if you have the best answer or not, but if you answer your contacts questions frequently then yes it would give you a better chance since eventually they will find one of your answers to be helpful.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Hmm... well let me add you as a contact and find out. Just kidding, I've already added you as a contact last week. =)

I would say that you have a better chance as long as the person realizes that you are paying attention to the questions they're asking by answering them often, but then again like you said there are so many questions that go to voting, so I guess it depends on who you follow.

• 8 years ago

Shall we find out with who you choose as a best answer for this question? I like your questions and added you as a contact, not to get best answer either, but I just think that we should follow those who ask interesting questions and those who contribute a lot to the community.

• 8 years ago

Good question..... You would think so, but theres so many people who can be very selfish on here and only try to raise their own points..... for example the person who answered above who said theres people who give best answers to each other just because they're contacts, which doesn't sound too fair and might even be against yahoo policies, but what can you do... it happens I guess.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

maybe, i agree it depends on if you answer the questions they ask and the YA contact notices you answering, then again if you dont answer with something that makes sense i dont think they would give you best answer just because you answered and they added you as a contact.

• James
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

I suppose it is a yes. I tend to choose my contacts' answers, not because I feel I owe them best answers, but because we have similarities that made us add each other in the first place, hence their answers are usually the best fit.

• 8 years ago

Yes but I dont have a lot of contacts

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes, or at least it should give you a better chance.

• angela
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

In my experience, adding contacts does NOT affect your chances of receiving a B.A.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Nope

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.