A reporter asked two Jewish people if AIPAC wanted Pres. Obama out of office; both said yes.?

The interview was on Youtube . The female had been in the White house as an adviser to the Pres. and the gentleman was a spokes person for AIPAC. The facts regarding what Mr. Netanyahu wants

in the peace process with the Palestinians was shocking to me. He does not want peace, he does not want a two state solution and he feels he has any American politician in his back pocket due to the power of AIPAC in elections in the USA. When he comes to Wsahington he comes to tell the American president what to do and when. He is totally upset with Obama's view of Israel returnng to the borders they had in 1967. Mr. Netanyahu, is a Zionist, he views all the land that is occupied by the Israeli military and settlers to be part of the stae of Israel.

If the oipinions of these peeople have some credence the middle east situation is a serious thtreat to world peace.

What is most disturbing is that an organization like AIPAC is siding with Netanyahu and opposing the pres of the USA. No other group in the USA has the power to publicly state such a position.

I do not belive the majority of American Jews want to see Pres. Obama loose an election over a stance that most of the world thinks has to come about. I suggest you look on youtube and see this interview and express an oipinion. I hope these opinions by two well learned individuals is wrong.

Please excuse the errors in spelling. This computer has to go.

I feel I could have done a better job in explaining what I heard and saw but i didn't.

• Marian
    Favorite Answer

I am an American living in Israel, and there is no lack of Israelis that don't care much for AIPAC..

They are seen by some (myself included) as a buncha armchair generals who are willing to fight to the last Israeli soldier (hell, s/he isn't their kid!) to be a "proud Jew" overseas.

AIPAC is anti President Obama, but actually most American Jews aren't -- about 65% vote Democrat in federal elections.

I respectfully disagree.

1. I don't know what is said on youtube. But, I will say I don't consider any individual ranting on youtube as a source for much.

2. I think netenyahu is a bonehead. Ok. Maybe we agree on that.

3. I think he does want peace. I think he does not believe that the Arab side can be trusted. And sadly, I do agree with him there. He is the first Israeli leader is decades to make things worse through his behavior. But, considering what the Arab side is still doing... and considering that he is the only one in decades, I don't blame him completely for the lack of peace.

4. He does want a 2 state solution.

5. I don't think he thinks he has anyone in his back pocket. That is just a common conspiracy theory on the net.

6. There are no "1967 borders." The 1967 green line is an armistice line. And under international law and UN SC Res 242, the land in question does not belong to Israel NOR the palestinians. It is legally administered by Israel until and unless all relevant parties peacefully negotiate final status borders, which the Arab side refuses to do. Here, I'll let the guys who actually wrote UN SC Res 242 explain:

7. The entire land occupied by settlers comprises less than 2% of all the land in the WB and Gaza.

And most of that land is unquestionably Jewish owned private property, whose owners were ethnically cleansed by the Arabs when they seized Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza in 1948 and ethnically cleansed the Jews from it. I say unquestionably, because even the left wing anti-Israel human rights agree on this point. However, instead of saying they disagree that 100% of it Israeli owned land, or that "most of it is," they claim that about 39% of it is not...

8. I don't know what aipac thinks about obama. I don't pay much attention to that.

But, I do see dozens and dozens of politicians, talk show hosts, pacs, superpacs, and lobbying groups (that Have NOTHING to do with Israel) all assert that they want Obama out of office.

Heck, when Obama FIRST won the election Boehner said in public, the no 1 republican agenda item for the next 4 years is to ensure that obama cannot accomplish anything so he won't get re-elected.

Wow, almost everything you wrote in your "question" is completely false.

1.) Netanyahu does, in fact, want peace. No one argues that he does not.

2.) It is generally agreed that a two state solution is the most likely pathway to peace.

3.) AIPAC, as distinguished from the Jewish vote, has little meaningful political power in the US

4.) No Israeli leader has ever been able to tell a US President what to do. Hence Netanyahu's frustration.

5.) The return to 1067 borders is the official Israeli position and has been for 20 years. He objected to Obama's careless use of language relating to that precept.

6.) Netanyahu is indeed a Zionist. That is no criticism.

7.) Lobbying organizations like AIPAC are in the business of expressing opinions on subjects often in opposition to the current administration and the current President.

8.) American Jews are as reflexively Democrat voters as American Blacks are. They certainly do not want to defeat Obama.

You are as ill informed a person as I have ever encountered on Yahoo Answers. ...and that says a lot.

As always this is based on opinion. It has nothing to do with the reality. We would hope that our nation's leader is well versed in the politics and history of the area and will make the best decision. I say "best" rather than right because there is no perfect solution.

The palestinians are a made up people.Israel should run them back to the countries they came from or kill them all.Then they wouldn't have to worry about the violence they perpetrate against Israel almost daily.

I beg your pardon. Any organization and any individual in the US has the power to publicly express any position they want to as long as they do not advocate violence to achieve their objective.

BENJAMIN NETANYAHU HAS FIGURED OUT SOMETHING THAT NO LIBERAL WILL EVER FIGURE OUT AND THAT IS THAT THE MUSLIM WORLD WILL NEVER ACCEPT ISRAEL

• David

regardless of whatever borders are under question; why should israel give up strategic positions to please countries that only wish Israelis' destruction?