I killed my roommates fish...in only 2 days..?

Your Open QuestionShow me another » So I killed my roommates fish and have no idea how I did it...? She has a beta and another round orange fish with two long stems. Uhm. She's really into her fish (she hasn't had them for long, as fish die a lot, but she's really big on making sure they're okay).... show more Your Open QuestionShow me another »
So I killed my roommates fish and have no idea how I did it...?
She has a beta and another round orange fish with two long stems. Uhm. She's really into her fish (she hasn't had them for long, as fish die a lot, but she's really big on making sure they're okay). She asked me to watch the,, and asked if the house temp would stay at 68. I said it would, and I'd feed them. So anyways, she left Friday. I fed them Saturday morning, they were fine. I turned the house temp all the way down during the day, because it was pretty warm outside. I turned it back to 68 on the same day. So I check them Sunday night, (I forgot to in the morning), and the orange one Is stuck to the filter tube and dead. And the beta is almost dead.... And the thermometer says 74ish, which is normal...
So what the **** did I do? I mean it's been 2 days... I don't see how I could've killed them both this fast. Ugh **** me. I used to have fish, and they lived for days and days against whatever temps...
I'll replace them...but I won't be able to hide the fact that I killed them. There's no pet store where we live. I woldnt be able to find identicle ones.
I just want to point out, I only changed the house temperature. Not the temp of the tank.
And why is the orange fishes tail stuck to the black tube that's connected to the filter?
Update: I defiantly did not over feed them. I've only fed the, once since Friday, and just put some food in now to see if the beta was alive.