Why did civil rights leaders plan a march from Selma, Alabama to Montgomery, Alabama?
1. Why did civil rights leaders plan a march from Selma, Alabama to Montgomery, Alabama? (1 point)They were boycotting the segregated public transportation.
They thought the Civil Rights Act didn’t go far enough.
They wanted Congress to pass the Voting Rights Act.
2. How did the Black Panthers differ from civil rights leaders such as Dr. King? (1 point)The Black Panthers justified using violence to defend themselves.
The Black Panthers opposed the passage of the Voting Rights Act.
The Black Panthers organized mostly in small towns and the countryside.
3. What event in 1968 showed that the United States still needed to work on racial equality? (1 point)riots in several American cities
repeal of the Voting Rights Act
the beginning of public school busing
4. Which of the following best describes the situation of African Americans in 1975? (1 point)African Americans were still largely oppressed by segregation laws and unjust hiring standards.
African Americans equaled whites in pay and social acceptance by 1975.
Although African Americans' political participation increased, they still remained behind whites economically.
5. Which of the following was one of the earliest civil rights successes? (1 point)the Montgomery Bus Boycott
the march from Selma to Washington
6. Where did Martin Luther King give his “I Have a Dream" speech? (1 point)at the end of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
the 1963 March on Washington
on the bridge leaving Selma for Montgomery
7. Who was James Meredith? (1 point)a civil rights worker killed during the Freedom Summer
the leader of SNCC
the first African American to attend the University of Mississippi
8. Which of the following people influenced Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.? (1 point)Mahatma Gandhi
Franklin D. Roosevelt
John F. Kennedy Jr.
- Anonymous8 years agoFavorite Answer
I have no idea.
So I shall amuse you with a small dance number instead..
- Anonymous4 years ago
Thats an interesting question and I hope you will get valuable answers