Poll: anime (Japanese) vs Animation (American)?

At fists it was American than I got obsessed over anime. So what do u watch?

Don't leave rude comments.

If I had to choose a year ago family guy vs bleach it's would be family guy

Now its bleach. Did u ever watch anime?

Best Answer

Anime, some of the best anything I have ever seen has been on anime.

I like anime better. I used to LOVE pokemon, digimon, ranma 1/2, inuyasha, and so many other animes before i even knew they were animes. And now I still watch anime shows 12 years later!

I also like some cartoons though. Powerpuff girls, spongebob, danny phantom, ruggrats, and classic nick toons are as much a part of my childhood as the other stuff.

The thing about American cartoons is that nowadays, for the most part, they are just putting out stuff with ugly drawings and dumb jokes, unlike the stuff from 1990s-early 2000s when the shows were actually entertaining, as they can still entertain audiences today.

Or they are putting shows like Family Guy, American Dad, and South Park for older audiences, which although humorous, they only work because they resort to being crude (and I get the feeling that most of the audience doesn't understand/watch it for the satire on popular culture).

And overall, no matter how you put it, Avatar the Last Airbender is the only cartoon that has enough plot and aesthetic quality to compete with most Japanese animes.

Source(s): I would rather watch Naruto or One Piece over Family Guy :)

Well, I think both Anime and Western Animation have their good and bad points. Me, I personally love Western Animation. But not the stuff they have out now. When I think Western Animation I think of films like the Little Mermaid (and many other traditional Disney films), Spirit, Fantasia, The Road to El Dorado, Anastasia, and other animated films like it. Those are Western Animation at its best, and the Western animation I would choose over Anime in terms of style (comparing it to a common anime style, since most animes don't come in the same style either like Western animation).

In terms of story, I think Anime will more often than Western Animation, take their audiences seriously. I think Western animated films (mostly) feel that it must either but some drawn out comedy or a family flick. And usually an awful comedy will by a TV show on Adult Swim somewhere.

So, yeah, I'm probably not making a good argument here, but I personally like both. It's not the style that matters or where the show or movie comes from, it's the story and characters. So I'll watch either. :) But I tend to look more towards Western Animation, just cause it holds more Nostalgia to me, and the characters are given more personality by their look.

I mean, one girl in this anime, can easily look like the girl from that anime. :b

So yeah...Western Animation. But eww, no Family Guy. No. The Western Animation I watch and love came out in the Early 2000s, the 1990s and the 1980s and the classics before then (ie. Silly Symphonies or Looney Tunes). Not these modern comedy shows from Fox or whatever.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Don't leave rude comments.

Now its bleach. Did u ever watch anime?

Source(s): poll anime japanese animation american: https://tr.im/8NPqy

Japanese anime trumps American anime/cartoons.

I love both but I usually prefer Anime just mainly because I love the style and the crazy things they do. Plus its really cute I think.

Animation is pretty entertaining but not as entertaining as anime. I could easily get into almost anime, it takes a lot for American animation to appeal to me.

I do really like shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show though.

I watch both. I love American Dad but if I had to choose I would watch anime first.

Anime = only good cartoons to watch! XD

they are funny, closer to reality, prettily drawn... HIGHLY AMUSING!! :D and the stories are so new, it's fun to watch them. plus they aren't too mature (like adult like).. I have no idea why some high schoolers think that only "nerds" watch them, but I am not a nerd, but I am <OBSESSED> with anime. Makes me wish I was Japanese XD

I watch both and they both are great for example my two favorited animated shows that are on the air are Adventure Time and Bleach.

if i want to laugh, then american animation

if i want a serious plot, then anime