Why do young people smoke?

I see so many of my high school friends smoke, and I am trying to figure out why they do it. Is it to look cool? Cause I have never saw it as cool, so wonder if you guys can help out

Update:

Smoke anything, weed, tobacco etc

5 Answers

Relevance
  • εїз
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

YOLO

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

dvertisements play significant role in it. Industries spend a lot of money on advertisement. Daily new cigarette brands are being introduced by every company. This is the business of many people and it provides income to many corner shops and stores. Everybody is doing its job with sincerity but they are forgetting that their upcoming generation is getting ruined from this business’s revenues.

A scientific reason is also involved in making this experimental wish into regular habit. Tobacco contains nicotine which arouses the delight emotion part of the brain. Nicotine on the other hand also acts as hunger suppressant hence smoking has become popular among those who are dieting. Consequently it motivates the addicted to go for its attached drugs like opium heroin and cocaine. As a result it would be hardened for addicted to quit smoking or other drugs addiction.

To sum up all, at young age teens are attracted towards and all pleasures about their negative affects they are unaware. As time passes their addiction gets strong and in the same way their lives are getting shortened.

• Many do fall into peer pressure but most also smoke to forget about life for a while so they can clear their mind.

If they do it to look cool then later on in life, its gonna impact them for the good or for the worst but its their actions, thats just what i think

• 8 years ago

Why has anybody ever smoked? Because they want to, peer presure, as a crutch, the list goes on. Some people might smoke to "look cool" but thats not why everyone does it.

Source(s): Non smoker, observer
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Smoke what?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.