Why wont my parents let me date? (experienced teenagers and parents plz)?

I just dont get why i cant. My mom would let me, but my dad wont. We always fight about. Ill be 14 in 2 months!!!! Its nothing religious. And its not like id go on an actual date. Just like a whole title thing. And like we cud hangout together with other friends on weekends. It soo irritating. Bcuz im soooo ready.... show more I just dont get why i cant. My mom would let me, but my dad wont. We always fight about. Ill be 14 in 2 months!!!! Its nothing religious. And its not like id go on an actual date. Just like a whole title thing. And like we cud hangout together with other friends on weekends.
It soo irritating. Bcuz im soooo ready. Ive had to turn down alot of guys. I turned down the boy i was in "puppy love" with in 5th grade, and others since. The no dating rule also causes me a lot of problems, bcuz wen i flirt, im afraid to get too serious, bcuz if
they ask me out i have to say no. My dad also wants to meet the guy.... Im like wtf! Its not that serious. How awkward on a scale of 1-10 wud it be for a 13yo guy to meet my dad? Hes black, and kind of intimidating(im biracial, half blak half white :) )

For other teenagers:
What would u do? Or how did u convince your parents?

For parents:
what are u afraid of? Whats so wrong with dating if its only a title (for now)?
And wuts wrong with my dad, why cant i?

Of course ive thot about doing it behind there back, but my parents really trust me, and i dont want to ruin it.

Any stories, ideas, or suggestions help.
Thankz!

Ps. Ive also given my parents an ultimatum, i said nxt year, i am going to date, permission or no permission. I did this so im not lying about dating, but i will still date without permission.