Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Mr D asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 9 years ago

Do I dispute cra about debt that is not me at same time w/ ca for proof of debt?

2 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes you can. You can even use the following link to have FICO help you with the dispute

    FAILING TO SEND REQUIRED CONSUMER NOTICE: The FDCPA requires that debt collectors send consumers a written notice that includes, among other things, the amount of the debt, the name of the creditor to whom the debt is owed, and a statement that, if within thirty days of receiving the notice the consumer disputes the debt in writing, the collector will obtain verification of the debt and mail it to the consumer. Section 809(a), 15 U.S.C. § 1692g(a).


    The FDCPA also mandates that, if a consumer submits a dispute in writing, the collector must cease collection efforts until it has provided written verification of the debt. Section 809(b), 15 U.S.C. § 1692g(b).

    If you file a dispute with the CRA's, the collection agency has to reply within 30 days, if they fail to do so, the entry is removed from your credit report.

  • 9 years ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.