How can I get into school of math and science? (NCSSM) Schedule help?

Hello there. The school of math and science is my dream school

(its a prestigious boarding school 11th-12th grades).

I would be so honored to get there. But so many people tell me that I'm not smart enough or get this look on their face when I talk about wanting to go there. Including the smartest girl at school whose sister goes there.

Here is my Sophomore Year schedule:

First Semester:

Algebra II honors

Chemistry I honors

AP Biology

English II honors

Second Semester:

AP Biology

Pre Calculus honors

AP Psychology

Civics and economics honors

I am taking foreign language and maybe computer programming over the summer.

I have a lot of extra curriculars and will easily get 100 hours of community service over the summer.

I might take civics over the summer and take AP Environmental Science instead but I'm not sure.

What do you think?

• Favorite Answer

I would say that you are highly qualified. You seem that you are going to have a lot of AP classes. I know that I asked my guidance counselor about online classes and she said that it is highly unlikely... but it might differ at your school. I was also hoping to take a class online... but I will probably not be able to do so. With that schedule you will do very well. I think... that CD13 is a pretty easy-fair congressional district. I do not think you will have a problem getting in. I am pretty sure that they choose a minimum of 14 students and a maximum of 34 per CD so you probably have a good chance.

I'd say that you are definitely qualified! All your classes are Honours or AP.

Foreign languages such as Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish or Latin are generally the most useful and the ones most regarded by colleges. This doesn't mean that being able to speak any language (even Afrikaans, probably the easiest language) to any degree is not considered. If you can speak a language fluently future employers, schools etc. will be more likely to accept you.

Don't let anyone bring you down. I have always wanted to be an author and am in the process of writing my own book. People often put me down and told me that I was stupid or, as you said, "get this look on their face when I talk about [it]". I'm still pursuing it, as should you. :)

I hope this helped as you helped me. :)

Chell xx

You have a great shot at getting in. You only live once forget what other people think and say about you you were/in AP and honors that's pretty smart to me. Honestly I think you have a a very good chance of getting in.

PS thanks for answering my question =D

• .

ur a very strong student

i say u CAN get in if u set ur mind to it

but let me tell u,

NEVER let another human bring ur dreams down

if u really want this schol, u'll work hard, and u've proved to me that u want it, and i say u have a strong chance of getting in

pls answer mine

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Asa1f...

Looks like your really smart......... DO NOT let them knock you down. YOU WILL get into that school. SHOW THEM on your application and state anything you have. even cleanliness and such. Go and chase your dreams. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can do it, set your mind to it and you will suceed.