Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Who actually answers telephone polls? I've had those calls before and I immediately hang up without bothering?

to answer any questions. When you think about it -regardless of whether land-lines or cell-phones are used- aren't the only people who would take the time to respond to a telephone poll people who are usually elderly, that means that all of these polls are likely to skew Conservative. Also, online polls that are affiliated with websites tend to reflect the views of those who use those web-sites and are considered to be statistically useless.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

The poll on voting day is the only accurate one.

>>>>>>>>OBAMA 2012<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

"When you think about it -regardless of whether land-lines or cell-phones are used- aren't the only people who would take the time to respond to a telephone poll people who are usually elderly, that means that all of these polls are likely to skew Conservative."

Really... So I guess a bunch of old people are in favor of smoking the reefer huh?

http://blog.norml.org/2011/12/10/marijuana-law-ref...

• Joshua
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

I do depending on the issue, if its a state issue I do, because it could have an impact. If it is the Presidential election I do not, because they will be conducting polls up until the race, ill just vote on nov 4th.

• justa
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I'm elderly, and liberal. so suck it. I'm a little tired of that line, my generation was famous, or infamous for pickets, sit-ins and demonstrations. And we didn't all grow up into conservatives either.

I do answer the polls, just to make sure my side is represented. I would suggest you do the same.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

That would make for an interesting study. I don't usually answer phone calls from unknown callers. Occasionally I do and always end up regretting it.

• 8 years ago

I usuallyhang up on them also but if I do decide to answer I tell them the oposite of what I would do

• ?
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

the elderly

• 8 years ago

Funny

You can't be bother to 'waste your time' giving your opinion to a pollster, where you opinion would count

BUT

you have no problem wasting your time on here giving your opinion

• Cookie
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

I've answered one once. It was about supporting LGBT rights.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I once argued with a brain dead liberal for 3 hours one night. The dumbass was trying to convince me that Obama's failures were Bush's fault.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.