Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Why do conservatives have lower IQs?

We learned in our psychology class last week that people with conservative beliefs and Republican leaning voters historically score lower in IQ tests than their liberal counterparts. Why do you think this is?

Best Answer

Two reasons. First, they tend to be the result of centuries of inbreeding among the "cultural elite" country club set which amplifies their genetic inferiority. Second, people with lower IQ's gravitate toward situations where they do't have to think for themselves so much, they are natural born followers.

Thus, low IQ -> conservative -> low IQ progeny in a vicious and eventually self limiting cycle.

A recent study performed at a major American University confirmed that this tendancy is a scientifically valid and statistically significant fact.

• rz1971

They don't study books as much because they are too busy learning how to actually live.

Ask yourself this, if society collapsed tomorrow would you want that high IQ professor who knows theories or that low IQ conservative who knows how to hunt, cook, skin, and create a shelter?

I do not consider it intelligent to buy into this obviously biased study, as so many of you liberals have done. IQ testing does not measure actual intelligence, but is more a measure of education. Education is also not a measure of intelligence.

That you do not understand these things illustrates how, well, dumb you intelligent leftists are.

You are gullible enough to believe the claimed results of this study, but without having the critical thinking skills to really evaluate what the results mean, or what the study really means.

The fact that so many liberals like you believe every negative thing written or said about conservatives, without a shred of skepticism, only shows how unsophisticated, gullible and naive so many intelligent liberals are.

it says more about you than it does about us.

And just for good measure, I'd pit my intelligence against any liberal on YA.

As the vast majority of people never take IQ tests, your professor is just speculating. Speculation is not science and if such things are prevalent in your class, then it is not science.

Conservatives do not have low IQs; people with low IQs tend to vote conservative. Not everyone, though. I consider myself conservative, yet I am an atheist, I support the free market, am opposed to unjustified military intervention abroad, and am pro-life on the issue of abortion.

Politics to liberals, is just a brain flexing contest.

What do i think this is.....This yet another example of a liberal biased teacher latching onto a study that has been dis proven and pushing it as fact to gullible students like yourself........Please tell us again about your "superior" IQ since you can't even vet for yourself what your teacher is spoon feeding you.

I am a conservative and I hold a PhD in Economics from the University of Manchester.

• Chris

We don't; you've just been taught that those who don't have certain beliefs(those you have) are stupid and wrong. That's ignorant and snobbish.

sad