Is this computer good for gaming? like minecraft?? help?

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack2.

CPU: Intel Pentium D, Dual Core, 3.00 GHz, Bus speed 800 MHz, 4MB L2 cache, supports for EM64T, Intel Enhanced Speedstep Technology, Execute Disable Bit, Thermal Monitor 2, and Enhanced Halt State.

Motherboard: Intel microATX D945GTP (1 PCI-E x16, 1 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI, 4 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)

Back Panel I/O Ports:

- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard

- 1 x PS/2 Mouse

- 1 x Serial port

- 1 x Parallel port

- 1 x RJ45 port

- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports

- Audio

Motherboard Chipset: Intel 945G Chipset

System Memory: 1024 MB DDR2 533 (PC2-4200) SDRAM ( 2x512MB DDR2 533, 2 of 4 slots used)

Video: Intel GMA950 onboard graphics subsystem

Audio: Intel High Definition Audio subsystem

Drives:

- Seagate ST3808110AS (80GB, 7200 RPM, 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s)

- Lite-on Combo SOHC-5236

- 3.5" Floppy Drive

Network: On-board Gigabit 10/100/1000 MB LAN

USB Device: USB Mass Storage Device

Power Supply: 200W

Update:

hi i just bought this on ebay and was wondering if it is ok for gaming. i got gta on a disc and i want to play and run a minecraft server on it. please answer and tell me whats good/bad and need to replace

thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's a good computer, but it won't be very good for minecraft. The key thing you need for playing minecraft is memory (also known as RAM). To play minecraft and other games smoothly and have no problems, you need a computer with at least 2048 MB (2 GB) of memory. This one only has 1024 (1 GB). See the problem?

If you want to solve this problem, you need to upgrade your RAM. Do a little research on what RAM it supports, and make sure it's at least 2048 MB. Once you get your hands on the RAM, you need to upgrade it safely. If you don't know how to upgrade it, There are a lot of RAM upgrading tutorials on YouTube. If you can't find any good tutorials, look at the manufacturers website, and see if there's any info there.

• PTRP
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

no offense but this build is a bit outdated already thus is not good for gaming and also due to the fact that It only has built in graphics.

If you really wanted to go with this build and make it good for gaming, the best you could do is to upgrade the PSU to a 600w Branded like OCZ which is $75 ($50 after rebate) and get atleast an ASUS HD6770 which is $100 ($80 after rebate) at newegg.

and also, upgrade the RAM to 4 gb (3,5gb usable in a 32 bit system) and OS into service pack 3

By doing the upgrade, you could still play games on mid-high settings smoothly PROVIDED that you play on a lower resolution like 1280x768 or 1024x768.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.