Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 8 years ago

Two differant types of animals as friends?

my friend is getting a corn snake that will be 6-8 months old and i have two pet fancy rats and we were wondering if there is a possibility for the two breeds to be friends for a little while. While they are young.

• Gina
    Best Answer

Not at all worth the risk. While occasionally a snake with not try to eat a mouse or rat, it is usually because something is wrong with one of them. If your rats are two large for the snake to eat, he'll probably leave them alone, but *they* will still be threatened and will probably injure him. Its pretty common for prey animals left with snakes to maim or kill them, so unless your friend is willing to risk the health and safety of his pet, there's absolutely no reason to every introduce them.

HELL TO THE NO! Sorry. But I meant to shout that.

Go with the first answer, as best. But this is kinda obvious. Yeah, my cats adore my guinea pigs, even cuddle with them, but in nature is a no no. Snake see rodents as prey.

Snakes eat rats....