Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What kinds of things do you patent? Copyright? Trademark?

I'm doing a business project where i have to make a cereal box. the teacher was saying things like we have have a patent number and some things about copyright and trademarks. i wasn't paying attention and now i need to to all of the above. I also have to do a nutritional box on the side which i also need help with. and if anyone knows what kinds of ingredients are common in cereal let me know that too. thx

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Patent ways to do things: formulas, techniques, machines

Copyright: writings and essays and art

Trademarks are business slogan and logos that you what to mean only you.EXAMPLE IBM or Ipad are words that only one company may use in BUSINESS.

==================

patent

1. the exclusive right granted by a government to an inventor to manufacture, use, or sell an invention for a certain number of years.

2. an invention or process protected by this right.

3. an official document conferring such a right; letters patent.

4. the instrument by which the government of the United States conveys the legal fee-simple title to public land.

5. patent leather.

copyright

1. the exclusive right to make copies, license, and otherwise exploit a literary, musical, or artistic work, whether printed, audio, video, etc.: works granted such right by law on or after January 1, 1978, are protected for the lifetime of the author or creator and for a period of 50 years after his or her death.

trademark

n. a distinctive design, picture, emblem, logo or wording (or combination) affixed to goods for sale to identify the manufacturer as the source of the product. Words that merely name the maker (but without particular lettering) or a generic name for the product are not trademarks. Trademarks may be registered with the U.S. Patent Office to prove use and ownership. Use of another's trademark (or one that is confusingly similar) is infringement and the basis for a lawsuit for damages for unfair competition and/or a petition for an injunction against the use of the infringing trademark.

• sporer
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

You can patent a approach/gear, just like the mechanical zipper, or a distinct layout, like many gentle drink bottles, however no longer recommendations like writing at the soles of footwear. You might nonetheless patent some way of striking writing on footwear. Copyrights and logos don't have any applicability right here.

• Zyzzyx
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

nutritional box on the side

what kinds of ingredients are common in cereal

GO TO A STORE AND LOOK AT SOME CEREAL BOXES.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Look up patent, copyright, and trademark in a good encyclopedia. For nutrition panel and ingredients, go to the grocery story and look at some cereal boxes. Duh.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.