Why is God so selfish???

I am a Christian, but I was reading something earlier, and it actually made sense. This is what it said: "Why did God create the world at all? God didn’t create the world primarily for our benefit, he did it for his glory. He created a world that would display his glory most fully and most perfectly. That... show more I am a Christian, but I was reading something earlier, and it actually made sense. This is what it said:
"Why did God create the world at all?
God didn’t create the world primarily for our benefit, he did it for his glory. He created a world that would display his glory most fully and most perfectly. That is to say, every aspect of God’s character could be shown in its most extreme form. If God had created a world in which no one sinned, what aspects of his character could he have shown? His creative power, his loving-kindness, his provision for his people. But what about his mercy? Or his justice? Or his wrath?"

The way that I interpret this, is that like the begining said, God didn't make this world for us, He made it for Himself. He made it to show off how strong and powerfull and perfect He was. We were suposed to be His little mirror that He could stand in front of all day and look at Himself. He's just a show off, and now all I can think of, is that when you pray to Him to ask for help, is he really helping you because He knows He should, or is He doing it to show off what He can do?

God just seems selfish to me, and how He wants us all to worship Him, and practically bow down at His feet, and anyone who does otherwise is sent into a firey pit. You know who that reminds me of? Adolf Hitler, God is suposed to be good, and Hitler bad, yet there are so many things that Hitler did inwhich God did and does still. I'm not quite sure, but I thought that Hitler was a Christian, so all Hitler was doing (if he was a Christian), was showing us what God does to people who die, everyday. Hitler treated the people who didn't have his views, horribly by sending them to death camps. God, sends the people who don't have His religon, to hell (a death camp, for the dead). Hitler probably didn't treat his own men that well either, and I bet that God won't treat Christians well in heaven. Not that He will hurt us, but we will probably have to wait on Him hand and foot.

(Now look at me, Im a Christan and I've said all these things, yet some of them I still am a bit partial to. Some of the things do make sense though. please help me figure this out!)