what is cloud computing?

can u plzz tell me what exactly is cloud computing??

giv me a brief and simple xplanation...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi there,

Cloud computing is a term related to information technology (I.T). It simply refers to an idea or a concept. Here's a brief, very brief explanation of that concept:

Imagine, just for a while, that you have not enough space on your hard disk to store anything, not even a single bit of storage. Every time you want to save a picture, a word document, or any other file, you have to connect your computer to some external hard disk and store it there. Now Imagine that this storage device is huge, really huge, and that you connect to it via the internet, together with many, many others, all storing their files, their photos and stuff on the same storage device. That is "Cloud Storage", and it's the first basic component of cloud computing.

Now imagine, again just for a while, that you want to run MS Word on your computer, but you don't have it installed. Instead, you can connect your computer to a friend's computer, that has MS Word installed on it, and run it from there. The program runs on your friend's computer, but what happens, the interface, the words being typed, and everything, shows on your screen, not his; and it's you who is actually using the program, you type the words and change the font size and stuff like that, he just "hosts" the application. Now, if instead of your friend's computer you connect to some massive computer via the internet, while many others are also connected to it at the same time and all using the same program, just everybody gets his own view and uses his own words and formatting, etc. then that's what we call "Cloud Application Service", and it's the second part of cloud computing. Cloud applications are of course not limited to MS Word, as you might have correctly guessed; any application can be run from a cloud, provided that it's installed and made available at the cloud hosing computers.

Now the reason this is called a "cloud" is that many people can connect to the same host "over the internet", which means that the connection paths are not limited by some network. If you dotted all the clients that can use the same cloud services, storage or apps, you'll get some fuzzy mass, that resembles a cloud.

The benefits are obvious: you don't need a messy I.T infrastructure, you don't need to have everything installed on your computer, and you can make sure that even if your computer is run over by a truck your files are safe, in a massively huge storage device, somewhere in the cloud...

I hope this has been informative for you. Have a good day!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Cloud computing is where you have a collection of computers connected to a network which provide either processing power or storage space. The processing power or storage space can be increased transparently.

An _example_ of a system that makes use of cloud computing is Apple iCloud, which provides subscribers with some storage space in a cloud run by Apple and some software that synchronises data between them.

• 5 years ago

Cloud computing means storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet instead of your computer's hard drive. The cloud is just a metaphor for the Internet. It goes back to the days of flowcharts and presentations that would represent the gigantic server-farm infrastructure of the Internet as nothing but a puffy, white cumulonimbus cloud, accepting connections and doling out information as it floats.

• 4 years ago

Cloud computing is a type of calculate that relies on sharing a collection of physical and virtual resources, rather than deploying local or personal hardware and software.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Cloud computing is probably the most cost efficient method to use, maintain and upgrade. Traditional desktop software costs companies a lot in terms of finance. Adding up the licensing fees for multiple users can prove to be very expensive for the establishment concerned. The cloud, on the other hand, is available at much cheaper rates and hence, can significantly lower the company’s IT expenses. Besides, there are many one time payment, pay as you go and other scalable options available, which makes it very reasonable for the company in question.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Cloud computing is a technique that provides us an online storage space which means we can store our file, photo, video, audio and other type of data online and we can easy to access these files and data anytime anywhere

Source(s): For more information visit:- http://www.thecloudreviews.net/
  • 8 years ago

A co-worker of mine wrote a fantastic piece about cloud computing in layman's terms, check it out!

• 8 years ago

That is a iMac or MacBook computer app

A way to transfer documents between two computers

• 8 years ago

its basically fileshaing but all your files are accesible online on a cloud based compter like my linux box that i have indoors just a place to put filess easy to get access to just like windows skydrive

Source(s): i have one and i se skydrive from wondows
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.