Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 8 years ago

Does any body have any good quotes?

Favorite Answer

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. James Dean

A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for. John A. Shedd

Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. William Jennings Bryan

If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart.Then in living - I have made my mark.Thomas L. Odem Jr

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. Mary Anne Radmacher

Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light. Norman B. Rice

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. Buddha

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. Les Brown

Bad is never good until worse happens. Danish Proverb

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. Ralph Waldo Emerson

A problem is a chance for you to do your best. Duke Ellington

When you're feeling your worst, that's when you get to know yourself the best. Leslie Grossman

Don't look where you fall, but where you slipped. African Proverb

He who has nothing to die for has nothing to live for. Moroccan Proverb

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. Albert Einstein

Men are made stronger on realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm. Sidney J. Phillips

The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. Attributed to both Vidal Sassoon and Donald Kendall

The tragedy of war is that it uses man's best to do man's worst. Henry Fosdick

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

Improvement begins with I. Arnold Glasow

God brings men into deep waters, not to drown them, but to cleanse them. John Aughey

The drops of rain make a hole in the stone not by violence but by oft falling. Lucretius

Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. Buddha

Put your future in good hands - your own. Author Unknown

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. Anatole France

Don't live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable. Wendy Wasserstein 

1. “I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.” - Dudley Field Malone

2. “If the facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts.” - Albert Einstein

3. “The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” - Bill Copeland

4. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” - George Eliot

5. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” - Walt Disney

6. “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

7. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” - Milton Berle

8. ”An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” - M.K. Gandhi

9. ”Ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.” - John F. Kennedy

10. ”I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

11. ”It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” - Aristotle

12. ”It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.” - Howard Ruff

13. ”It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

14. ”Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” - Sun-Tzu

15. ”Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

16. ”Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today.” - Benjamin Franklin

17. ”Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon ‘em.” - William Shakespeare

18. ”That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

19. ”The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.” - Will Rogers

20. ”Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” - Will Rogers

21. ”To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace.” - George Washington

22. ”When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” - Franklin D. Roosevelt

23. ”Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.” - Henry David Thoreau

24. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

25. “What

Love is the sweetest of dreams,

& the worst of nightmares.

Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong.

Life lives, life dies.

Life LAUGHS, life cries.

Life gives UP and life tries,

but life looks different

through EVERYONE’S eyes

Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity

People come into your life and people leave it... you just have to trust that life has a road mapped out for you.

Here is a couple good Quote site that i really like. You might take a look there.

http://www.quotecrave.net

http://www.daquotes.com

I love Marilyn Monroe quotes!

'I'm selfish, Impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handel. But if you cant handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best!'

'Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself because if you don't, who will?'

''A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her.' but im sure this would work for a guy as well.

'It's often just enough to be with someone. You don't need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You're not alone.'- if you have ever been in love you will know this is very true!

'If you're gonna be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty!' - a personal favorite!

'Beneath the make-up and behind the smile i'm just the girl who wishes for the world...' - Very true as well!

'When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what i do, then i'm already better than them.' - really love this one as well!

I love all marilyn monroe quotes, but JFK also has some good ones as well as Martin Luther King!

Source(s): I have them all saved on my computer!
  • neeraj

There are numeropus quotes which gives us inspiration and ideas to move ahead smilingly on the path of life.

1.Darkness cannot drive out darkness;only light can do that.Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

2.If we have no peace,it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.Let us meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. - Mother Teresa.

3.Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of future, concenterate the mind on the present moment.-Lord Buddha.

4. He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he has to pass himself; for every man has needs to be forgiven.-Thomas Fuller.

5.Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave.- Indira Gandhi.

6.Be the change that you wish to see in the world.-Mahatma Gandhi.

Here are some good quotes:

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."

~ Napoleon Hill

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."

~ C. S. Lewis

"Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold."

~ Maurice Setter

"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses."

~ Alphonse Karr

"Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."

~ Walt Whitman

"I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet."

~ Mahatma Gandhi

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~ Nelson Mandela

"Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for fewer problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom."

~ Earl Shoaf

For more good quotes check out http://www.inspiration-oasis.com, they have a good selection of quotes on a variety of topics.

“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.”

“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away”

“Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.”

“The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.”

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

“Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

“To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.”

“Faith makes all things possible.... love makes all things easy.”

“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”

1. When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile .

2."I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry."

3.friends are hidden treasures who come out like rainbow after a storm, to brighten our days in theis special ways.

4.friendship is a plant we must often water.

5.life is a book of mysteries, you never know which page will bring a good tist in the story ,So keep on reading because happiness comes when it is most unexpected.

6.a friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg even though you are slightly cracked.

7.best friends are like diamonds,precious and rare.......false friends are like stones ,found everywhere

8.when life gives you hundred reasons to cry show life that you have thousand resons to smile.

hope u like them:;;;;;;; :0:;:):0:0:0

Check out http://www.quote.by

Their suggestion system helps you find quotes based on similar quotes, themes and tags.  You can follow authors and other users and receive real-time updates about them. They also have a gorgeous gallery which lets you browse authors through photos.

Music with dinner is both an insult to the cook and violinist- G.K Chesterson

Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!

I want to put a ding in the universe..

Steve Jobs

A personal favourite as it represents my own aim in life (To leave a lasting impression that will echo through time).