Niela asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

my aunt is going through menopause depression? urgent!!!?

she going though menopause depression and she get frequent nervous attacks , runs aways, beats herself up, the cops brought her a few time back home. I scared because my husband and I try to control ( calm music, say that we love her alot, and show alot of affection) her. but it gets worse. I don't what to do with her I scared that she will do something out of control. any advice?

Favorite Answer

She needs to see her gynecologist so she can get on some hormone replacement therapy to ease her symptoms. May want to get her on an anti-anxiety/anti-depressant too.

It`s clear that you care an awful lot about your aunt and I`m sure she does appreciate it.

Menopause does affect women in different ways and what your aunt is going through

is just one of them - although it does seem as though her anxiety is extreme.

Keep showing her that you care, but please seek medical advice for her. There are

treatments that will help her.