Help with my social studies review?
67) Which of the following was NOT a part of the Compromise of 1850?
a.California was admitted as a free state.
b.The Fugitive Slave Act
c.The slave trade would continue in Washington D.C.
d.Texas could purchase a portion of the New Mexico territory
68) The Dred Scott decision did all of the following EXCEPT
a. please the Southerners.
b. rule that slaves did not have rights.
c. Declare the Missouri Compromise unconstitutional
d.Guarantee that slavery would not be allowed in future states.
70) Hoping to spark a general slave uprising, ___ led a raid on Harper’s
Ferry on October 16, 1859.
a. Dred Scott c. John Brown
b. Stephen Douglas d. James Buchannon
72) In which area did the South have an advantage over the North in
a. food production c. industrial capacity
b. civilian leadership d. military leadership
73) ____was NOT part of the Union’s three-part plan to conquer the
a. Blockading Southern ports c. Drafting freed slaves
b. Capturing the Confederate capital d. Splitting the Confederacy
74) The Emancipation Proclamation did all the following EXCEPT:
a. immediately freed all Southern slaves
b. united the Republican Party
c. gave a moral purpose to the war
d. kept Great Britain out of the war
75) Grant and Sherman’s strategy of total war targeted not only the
Confederate army, but also____.
a. the civilian population of the South
b. the South’s population of enslaved Africans
c. Northern citizens sympathetic to the South
d. Native Americans who were not loyal to the United States
76) Which of the following was NOT a requirement of former
Confederate states under the Reconstruction Act of 1867?
a. They would be divided into military districts.
b. They had to ratify the Fourteenth Amendment to be readmitted into the Union.
c. All African-Americans would receive 40 acres and a mule
d. African-American children were allowed to go to school with
77) Which word best describes Lincoln’s original plan for
Reconstruction, which Andrew Johnson largely followed?
a. neutral c. lenient
b. aggressive d. balanced
- Model PilotLv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
70. c, John Brown
74. a. only those in states still in rebellion on January 1, 1863.
77, this is a toughie...opinions differ. Radical Republicans would call it "lenient." Some would call it "balanced." Die-hard confederates would call it "aggressive" since they wanted things to just go back to how they were. Others might think it "neutral." I would go with balanced and be prepared to argue the point with facts.