Is zionism against Judaism?

Is Zionism against Judaism? What dog out hunk of this statement I found (see below)?

statement

Jews today understand Zionism is a huge evil and its aims are not in line with the true Jewish faith - nor Jewish scripture. It is colonialistic, nationalistic and above all racist and murderous.

I am not saying what is right or not, I'm asking if you as a Jew, practising or not believe Zionism is against Judaism, and if yourself are a zionist!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Esther
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That sounds like something the Neturei Karta would say. They're a tiny Jewish sect. The majority of Jews do not agree with them.

Zionism is not evil. Practically all Jews have an emotional connection to Israel, as it's the Holy Land.

• 8 years ago

Two different concepts and approaches for the same people. They should contradict somewhere and meet somewhere else

I always thought that Zionism is a modern copy of Judaism addressing the need for Jewish unity behind some goal they never had before.

So it is a national movement more than a belief

National movements are meant to satisfy politician needs more than Gods

And it lacks the ethics you expect to find in religion.

• yeboah
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Your question...or fact? Is basically a touch perplexing, yet i think of I see what you're announcing. Why won't have the capacity to a Jew be a Zionist? A Zionist is somebody who helps the Jewish state. Why might desire to a Jew help a Jewish state? might desire to an American help united states of america? After the holocaust, what have been the Jews meant to do? hundreds of hundreds have been homeless, and thousands and thousands greater have been finding to flee their antisemitic and risky native land. the international mandatory to shelter them. great Britain desperate to. considering that they owned what became called "Palestine," and because it became the classic Jewish native land, they desperate to re-open it for Jewish settlement. It became their determination. meanwhile, some Muslims had settled the section. there is not something incorrect with that. as long as they might have permit the Holocaust survivors on my own, the Israelis might have left them on my own too. yet they did not. They provoked a gaggle of homeless, ravenous human beings, and those human beings fought back. those unquestionably everyone seems to be the Israelis, the Jews, the Zionists.

• 8 years ago

it depends on the person some jews believe in having a jewish state some don't the ones who don't are usually either super religious or not religious at all. The reason for the non religious not being zionists is either that they are self hating Jews, picked up the stupid idea that zionism is evil from a college campus which presses it on them until they accept that zionism is wrong, or they believe that because judaism is so amazing in America there is no point in having a jewish state and no need to go through the trouble. The reason for the religious is because they do not think that there should be a state that is not run by the great assembly of rabbis.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Poor Jews...zionism gave them NO CHOICE ....It is either you support zionism and be a zionist........or....you are a self hating Jew.

Ironically.....pro-zionism have a set scenario for the state of israel......for the people who believe in Judaism.....and that is they should go to Palestine to face yet another Holocaust......convert and that would be the end...for Judaism..............still some Jews say that zionism is not against Judaism.....

zionism is a huge evil and its aims are not in line with the true Jewish faith,nor Jewish scripture .It is a colonialstic and racist and murderous.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

There are a very few Jews who are anti-Israel and anti-Zionist. Some are this way because they are convinced that only G-d has the right to create the Jewish state. Others, in my opinion, have psychological problems.

The vast majority of Jews - both secular and religious - fully support the existence and continuation of Israel as a Jewish state (though not necessarily everything that Israel does).

Zvi the Zionist and Jewish Fiddler

• S A
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Sameer hit the nail on the head precisely... and to add to his points - most of the Jews in this section bend over to Zionism, 90% of their responses will be pro Zionist. There are however several Jews in this section who will give you a valid and reasonable answer to this question, I'm sure you will be able to tell who they are.

• Nabil
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

As a Jew and according to my torah Israel shouldn't even exist, it's against our beliefs, but then again Zionists who are actually atheists by the way, forced themselves on us, and are brainwashing jews especially the children in justifying the horrid actions and the greedy Apartheid government that made it it's policy to make the Palestinians evacuate their ancestrious land,

I'm a Lebanese Jew, keep in mind that almost every country in the Arab world has Jews living there and they refuse to make Israel their homeland because they know that it's a against our beliefs,

So the Zionists that tell you that only the Neturei Karta is the only anti-Zionist group in existence they are trying to mislead you into thinking that, the truth is there are Jewish groups all over the world that are anti- Zionists and here's the list:

International

•Jews for el Al-Awda

•Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions

•Jewish International Solidarity Movement.

•Neturi Karta international

•Torah Jews against Zionism

Europe

[Norway

•Boycott Israel

Sweden

•Jews for Israeli-Palestinian Peace

United Kingdom

•Jewish Palestine Solidarity Campaign

Middle East

Israel

•Adalah

•B'Tselem

•Breaking the Silence

•Gush Shalom

•Hamoked

•New Profile

•Peace Now

•Rabbis for Human Rights

•Yesh Din

Women

•Bat Shalom

•Coalition of Women for a Just Peace

•Machsom Watch

•Women in Black

Anarchist

•Anarchists Against the Wall

•Black Laundry

Binational - Israeli-Palestinian Cooperation

•Ta'ayush

•Combatants_for_Peace

North America

Canada

•Canadian Jews for Al-Awda

•Alliance of Concerned Jewish Canadians

•Canada Palestine Support Network

•Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights

•Sumoud Political Prisoner Solidarity Group

•Wall Must Fall Campaign

United States

•American Jews for Al-Awda

•Brit Tzedek v'Shalom

•ICAHD-USA

•Jewish Voice for Peace

•New Jersey Solidarity - Activists for the Liberation of Palestine

•Palestine and Jewish Solidarity Movement

•The Washington Report

•American task Force on Palestine

New York

•Al-Awda Jews of New York

•Jews Against the Occupation

California

•Free Gaza project

South America

Brazil

•Comité Brasileiro de Interese Nacional Palestino

Oceania

Australia

•Jewish Australians for Palestine

Melbourne

•Australians for Palestine

•Melbourne Palestine Jewish Solidarity Network

•Jewish Women for Palestine

New Zealand

Auckland

•University of Auckland Students for Justice in Palestine

Wellington

•Aotearoa Jews for Justice

•Wellington Jewish Palestine Group

The list does not including Jews from Iran or the Arab countries.

These are the Jewish based or supportive groups.

Do you want to know how many non-Jewish groups support Palestine?

I'm a lebanese Jew

• Kevin7
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No it is not ,the vast majority of Jews are Zionist over 99.9 percent

• 8 years ago

First: where did you get the quote?

Second: No, Zionism and Judaism are totally compatible.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.