Anonymous

what is your opinion of football coach lovie smith endorsing Barack Obama(deatails)?

in a 35 second clip he ask all african americans to join him in his support of Barack Obama, do you think blacks would vote any different anyways,and why does he only ask for the black vote? so a good question is,do you vote on a persons skin color or there policies to help the WHOLE country?is it racist what he did?does that seem to you to be biased,based on color? what if a white man says to all white people;"join me me in voting for _____-but that candidate is white?how would that be perceived?

@EL-LOCO- good point,they even like shara palin;; what a joke,only cause hes black!!

@Rob-- a critra of color is a failure

Favorite Answer

Anyone who votes for someone not based on their policies is a moron.

Look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvqhdllXgU

Youtube thumbnail

I honestly believe that only certain people should be eligible to vote. Being 18 and American isn't good enough. I think you should have to pass a political aptitude test and pay income tax before you have a say in who runs this country.

@ Lovely Bunny - How, exactly, is Ron Paul's campaign based on racism? He want to legalize drugs and pardon all nonviolent criminals. This means setting lots of imprisoned blacks free. Yeah, what a racist bigot he is.

@ Rylan - Perhaps he is a closet racist, but his policies are not based in racism in any way. If you would like to explain how his POLICY targets blacks then go ahead.

The black vote won't matter in this election. It is pretty much set at 95% support for Obama. It is the hispanic vote, and the white voter turnout that will decide the election. This is why Rubio will be chosen as VP running partner for whoever.

That guy's endorsement doesn't make a difference.

Edit: what i mean by "it won't matter" - is that it isn't really uncertain... so it's not like people should focus on campaigning for the black vote.

I think it is stupid as **** to vote on a candidate based on their appearance. Unfortunately, a lot of people do it.

I haven't seen the video, but I would say it's definitely promoting ignorance to tell people to do that, regardless of what group was the target audience.

@El Loco - I'm not usually one to pull the race card, but Ron Paul is seriously backwards in this area. Do a little bit of research into him and the comments that he has made about minorities, anti-discrimination laws, and the Civil War.

Black people do nothing but cause more grief to themselves when they do this. Sadly, this country will never get over race issues and the nonsense when actions like these keep coming up. I do not say this with hate in my heart, I am a simple man, but I am smart enough to know that there are many people in the country (many who are not even really racist, but just so darn tired of things being one sided) that see things like this and it just re-emphasizes their desire to even the playing field with whatever means they can pursue.

It just breaks my heart to see this stuff, cause I believe all people deserve a fair shot at life, but I just know it aint gonna do nothing but come back to bite people in the a$$ and cause more drama.

Candidates and their supporters have always appealed to special interests groups. This should not exclude black people. We should not be held to a double standard.

It doesn't matter who lovie smith endorses. If a white man says the same thing who cares. People will vote for whoever they want based on their own individual criteria, generally.

After the obviously racist behavior of the GOP congress, since Obama's election, I really don't think an appeal to have blacks stick together in his support is really out of place.

Source(s): White, middle class, working man.

Romney for prez 2020!

im gonna vote for Obama because whites are so racist to him

i wasnt gonna vote at all because i dont like Obama or the republican racist

but now that i see how the racist republicans whole campaign is based on racism and hatred of a president who happens to look Black..then i feel they are forcing me to vote for Obama

A vote for Obama is a vote against racist..that is my opinion on it

EDIT

Charles B

you are right LOL

• tonto

Anyone who supports obama is either black or a total idiot.