Which apple products should I get?

Okay hold on with me this is going to be very long ;/

Hang in there, like seriously, if you answer these whole things i wish i could give you 8979809 points hahaha

I'm not rich so I'm not going to get all of these products. I just want to make the right choice when I decide on what to buy and when I buy them one day.

You don't have to answer these fully, like one word concise answers are fine as long as you can help me :)

What are the top Apple products to get at the moment?

Should I get Mac Book Air or Mac Book Pro?

13, 15 or 17 inch Mac Book Pro?

11 or 13 or 15 inch Mac Book Air?

Should I get Lion now or wait for Mountain Lion?

Should I wait a year until better products are released?

Should I get an iPod touch if I want to already get an iPhone?

What is the best colour smart cover?

Leather, polyurethane, plastic, or smart cover case for iPad?

protection or no protection?

Should I get apple care for all my products that I'll buy?

Should I get lots of gbs on my devices (eg 64 GB ipad,) or just get lots of gbs on iCloud?

Should i get icloud?

Black or White iPhone?

Black or White iPad?

Silver or Black macbook laptop looks nicest?

Black or white ipod touch?

Apple TV or Google Tv/Play?

Should I buy CDS, DVDs, Albums, etc and import them and save them on itunes, airplay, icloud etc etc or just download all digitally?

Get iPad 3 or wait for next one?

Get iPhone 4S or wait for iPhone 5?

Get new iMac or Mac Cinema Thunderbolt Display?

Mac Mini or Mac Pro??

Magic Trackpad or Magic Mouse?

Wireless Keyboard or not?

Should I get DVD drive for Mac Book air or not?

Should I get Parralells or Windows for my Computers?

Should I get Logic Pro X, or Garage Band?

Should I get Final Cut Studio Suite X or just iMovie, or both!

Should I get Aperture, Photoshop, Aftereffects, or iPhoto?

Should I get facetime?

Should I get ping?

Should I get icloud and pay for it?

Should I have a Me.com address as my primary email address?

Should I pay for these services or not?

What email provider would be the best to use, me, gmail, yahoo?

Should I get big headphones or the little white earphones?

What brand of headphones should i get?

Should i get a midi keyboard to plug in to my computer?

Best brand of speakers? Bose?

Will 64 GBS on the Ipad be enough if I want to have 100s of tv shows, videos, music videos, youtube videos, movies, etc, if i want to have 100s of photos, not a lot of songs, and 100s of apps?

If not, Should I get 4G + Wifi instead?

Or iCloud?

DVD or Blu Ray?

Will DVD, CD, blu ray, be obsolete and ancient in a few years or not? So should i buy them? :/

I'm sorry that was so long, thank you sooo much!

Favorite Answer

* What are the top Apple products to get at the moment? - iPhone 4S, pre-order iPad (2012 edition)

* Should I get Mac Book Air or Mac Book Pro? - get the air if size and weight matter. Get Pro if you need high performance processor and graphics, a DVD drive and a big hard drive.

* 13, 15 or 17 inch Mac Book Pro? - 15" is best

* 11 or 13 or 15 inch Mac Book Air? - 11" is best - dead easy to carry around and very convenient.

* Should I get Lion now or wait for Mountain Lion? Lion comes free with every new Mac. Mountain lion will cost about $30 through the Mac App Store. Its a pittance, get Lion now and get Mtn Lion later.

* Should I wait a year until better products are released? Only if you don't need to upgrade. If you need a computer then get one now. Apple always has something new in the pipeline. If you keep on waiting you will never get one. So buy and be happy with you have.

* Should I get an iPod touch if I want to already get an iPhone? if you need a phone then get the iPhone.

* What is the best colour smart cover? The one you like, Colour is subjective.

* Leather, polyurethane, plastic, or smart cover case for iPad? - Leather - it lasts longer.

* protection or no protection? screen protector - yes.

* Should I get apple care for all my products that I'll buy? For computers - Absolutely yes. But you don't have to buy straight away. Just make sure you do it before the initial warranty period runs out. Not so important on smaller devices like phones and ipods (90 days warranty isnt much extension).

* Should I get lots of gbs on my devices (eg 64 GB ipad,) or just get lots of gbs on iCloud? Depends on your usage. If you have 60 Gb of music then get the extra memory. If you don't have much music, video or photos then get something smaller.

* Should i get icloud? If you have a Mac running Lion and any of the latest Apple devices then - yes.

* Black or White iPhone? I prefer black - take your pick.

* Black or White iPad? - I prefer black - take your pick.

* Silver or Black macbook laptop looks nicest? - Silver looks nicer to me.

* Black or white ipod touch? - I prefer Black - take your pick.

* Apple TV or Google Tv/Play? - Neither - get a Mac Mini with HD connectivity, and external DVD drive and turn it into your living room media centre.

* Should I buy CDS, DVDs, Albums, etc and import them and save them on itunes, airplay, icloud etc etc or just download all digitally? - only burn stuff you want to watch. Buy DVDs so you have a decent backup and aren't wasting bandwidth redownloading them all the time. Buy music off iTunes and be sure to buy iTunes match so you don't need to back them up so much.

* Get iPad 3 or wait for next one? - get one now if you need one. dont get stuff you dont need.

* Get iPhone 4S or wait for iPhone 5? - get one now if you phone plan is just about up, otherwise wait.

* Get new iMac or Mac Cinema Thunderbolt Display? get the 27" iMac. its display is perfect for watching HD movies. Its better than having a cinema display and a Mac wasting desk space.

* Mac Mini or Mac Pro?? - Mini for those on a budget, Pro for those with money to burn, lots of money.

Magic Trackpad or Magic Mouse? - trackpad.

* Wireless Keyboard or not? - I prefer the keyboard with numerical keypad. useful when running stuff under windows.

* Should I get DVD drive for Mac Book air or not? I did. Its not that expensive and handy to have.

* Should I get Parralells or Windows for my Computers? Get parallels or Fusion if you need to run windows apps along side OS X apps. Get Windows if you want to play games (dont play windows games in Parallels).

* Should I get Logic Pro X, or Garage Band? Only get logic Pro X if you are professional/semi pro musician. Garageband is free and is fine for the rest of us.

* Should I get Final Cut Studio Suite X or just iMovie, or both! - final cut movie for pros, iMovie for everyone else.

* Should I get Aperture, Photoshop, Aftereffects, or iPhoto? iPhoto is free, get Aperture or Lightroom if you are an expert photographer. Don't get Photoshop, get Pixelmator.

* Should I get face-time? Only if you know someone else with a Mac. It only works with other facetime users.

* Should I get ping? No.

* Should I get icloud and pay for it? Yes get it. Pay for it only if you run out of space.

* Should I have a Me.com address as my primary email address? handy if you use multiple devices/Macs.

* Should I pay for these services or not? only when necessary

* What email provider would be the best to use, me, gmail, yahoo? Me.com will be better supported and Apple wont track you.

* Should I get big headphones or the little white earphones? Big if you want to be noticed. Little if you don't.

* What brand of headphones should i get? - Sony.

Source(s): * Should i get a midi keyboard to plug in to my computer? only if you are a pro musician. * Best brand of speakers? Bose? Bose, Harmon Kardon - skies the limit if you have money to burn. * Will 64 GBS on the Ipad be enough if I want to have 100s of tv shows, videos, music videos, youtube videos, movies, etc, if i want to have 100s of photos, not a lot of songs, and 100s of apps? If not, Should I get 4G + Wifi instead? if 64 gb is too small then get a desktop computer with a huge hard drive instead (or as well as your ipad). * Or iCloud? I cloud it if you can afford the bandwidth and or download fees. * DVD or Blu Ray? Blu Ray is better but in a few years it will be obsolete when everything goes online. * Will DVD, CD, blu ray, be obsolete and ancient in a few years or not? not right away but eventually. * So should i buy them? :/ not all at once no. ,,,^..^,,,

I'll try my best to answer these questions to the best of my ability:

Top Apple products are the newest releases of the iPhone and iPod Touch

Get MacBook Air if you're looking for something small and lightweight, Pro if you need the GB and power

Amount of inches is your choice since it doesn't make a real difference in the computer

Mountain Lion will have some new features and if they are absolutely necessary then wait

If you wait a year then they'll have better products coming out after that, so what I'm trying to say is Apple always has new products coming out, but I heard Siri for iPhone is going to get a lot fancier, which should be pretty cool

iPhone is the same if not better than than the iPod, and it has the same features plus more (like the phone part haha)

Smart cover color is a commodity and does not matter, your choice!

I recommend a smart cover and protection so that the screen doesn't get scratched

I don't recommend Apple care because their products are very reliable, unless you have the money

and really want it

I would get the gb on the computer or other device instead of iCloud so that it is on the hard drive

I don't know enough about iCloud to give a solid answer to that question

White iPhone and iPad fingerprints don't show as easily since it is a lighter color, so I recommend it

I think the silver laptop looks the nicest (I have one so I might be a little biased)

Once again white iPod

I don't know enough about Apple TV and Google TV to give a good answer

Putting the CD's and DVD's in works just as good as putting them on digitally, because Mac just copies the CD's and puts the songs on iTunes, as for DVD's, it's best to just buy online so that you don't constantly have to put the disc in when you want to watch it

Just get the iPad 3 so that when the iPad 4 comes out you'll wonder if you should get the iPad 5

Once again, just buy iPhone 4S unless you want to see things like Siri work better

Mac Mini and Pro both have advantages and disadvantages, it depends on what you need/want

Get Magic Mouse, much easier and faster with clicking on stuff and if you're into video games it's a must

Wireless Keyboard doesn't matter much, I don't recommend it because you have to change the batteries

Don't get DVD drive because you can just download on computer or watch it on Hulu, Netflix, etc.

I prefer GarageBand but only because I use it and have some experience with it, and I personally love it

Get FaceTime if you love talking to friends or family far away, or close and just want to see their face!

I would just use Yahoo or any other

I wouldn't pay for most of the services simply because I don't have the money and most are unneeded, plus, things like GarageBand come with the MacBooks

Get Turtle Beach for gaming and music or Bose for everyday use

Big headphones for desktop, little headphones for on the go

Bose definitely the best

64 GB should be able to handle it, but hundreds of apps? Seems kind of unrealistic, I doubt it could handle it

Blu Ray for great hi-def movies

DVD and CD probably will become obsolete but for Blu-Ray I don't think so

I hope this helped you.

Source(s): experience on most questions asked

At the moment I would not get any apple products as new ones are now coming out and will be coming out until October/November. See which product you like best and do research on when the new one is coming out and wait for that.

Depends on what you want your mac to do. Macbook Air has no DVD player. If you are looking for functionality, get a Pro. If you are looking for something light, get an Air.

The size also depends on what you want it to do. I have a 15 and that is pretty big. It is more about preference.

Lion is improving (as with any Apple product). You will have to research and see what you like.

Better products are always released. If you can wait, then I suggest you wait.

There have been a lot of complaints about the batter of the Touch. If you want an iPhone, I would not get a Touch as it does the same thing. However, there are free apps to download where you can make phone calls from the iPod for free (but you need wifi). I did hear that the new iPod might have 3G capabilities so you can internet anywhere. But it is silly to have both.

The covers also depend on preference.

You can buy Apple products from other stores for less and get a 3 year warranty for like $30. You can just in case.

iCloud is rarely used (at least by me). You should get what you can afford and what is best for you.

Colors of the iPad/iPhone/Laptop/Touch also depend on preference.

You can get CD's from your local library for free and import those instead of spending money on CD's or on MP4's.

iPad 3 just came out so it will be about a year for the new one. There is hardly any differences in the iPad 2 and iPad 3 so its cheaper to get the iPad 2 actually.

iPhone 5 comes out in 2-4 months probably.

Personally I would not pay for any services.

The provider depends on what you like. I like Hotmail because it offers me a lot more.

Headphones are a preference.

64gb iPad will be enough.

DVD because Blu Ray is a scam.

FaceTime is included on all new Apple products.

There are years and years before DVD's, CD's, and Blu Ray will be obsolete.

I did not answer every single question as they are mostly about preference.

I would steer you away from the iphones

4s because it has battery drainage problems:

http://www.techieinsider.com/news/13863/battery-dr...

Even Steve Wozniak, co-founder of apple says the same thing and that siri is glitchy:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57360045/apple...

And this is an Apple Legend saying this so you know it has to be bad.

the 4 drops calls and is not recommended by Consumer Reports:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/200924/consumer_rep...

Furthermore, with iphone you do not get Adobe Flash which is required to view videos on many websites, it is a common complaint among iphone users. Plus you cannot expand memory with iphone if you run out of space but with android you just add a card up to 32gb and you're good to go.

You get more free apps with android, for example angry birds is free with android whereas you have to buy it with apple, or use their "free" version which has a big ad blocking part of the screen getting in the way of gameplay.

Android phones are usually superior in technical specs, faster and more customizable. It is the smarter choice, that is why it leads the global market in smartphones today even with apple selling a lot of their iphones cheap or free.

And despite the Woz saying iphones are easier to use, ANYONE can use android, he had to say SOMETHING nice about apple lol.

you need a macbook pro of 15 inch if you have good budget wait of new will not be worth because new macbook will like air which alredy in the market

pro is batter than air due to it has more power than air and it has wider and good screen then i pod

so use your money in better way

Here is an informative review from an owner of this notebook that would help you out on making this decision:

http://budurl.com/NewestMBPReview

And here you would be able to find the macbook pro at a good amount of discount:

http://budurl.com/NewestMBP

If you have to ask then you do not need any of them. You are just buying into the hype.

None. If you want more for your money buy a pc.