Should the Lions sign Peyton Manning so Matt Stafford can hold his clipboard?

Many mediocre quarterbacks improve when they can sit on the bench and watch a real quarterback play.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

no , i think he'll fit real well in chicago, so u can drop that garbage { cutler } and maybe win 9 games

ELITE : STAFFORD

MEDIOCRE/ CR@PPY : CUTLER

Source(s): ps. YOU'RE NOT SUPERBOWL BOUND J@CK@$$ , 2012. BEARS , 7-9
  • Irene
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

NO WAY!! Stafford worked MIRACLES last year with Detroit and is now a top 10 possibly 5 QB. and he is young with his game only going up. The guy already knows the offense bringing in Manning would mess up what they got going in Detroit.And the Lions offensive line can have some big collapses at times and having Manning with his neck getting banged around can hurt him and possibly end his career and can hurt the Lions in the long run.

• 8 years ago

Bear Down, Matt Stafford threw for 5,000 yards last year. He's only 24 and shows much promise to be even better next year. They are also having problems with their salary cap. Why would they sign such an expensive player to their roster when they have a good qb already. I think your a Lions hater.

To the rest of the Lions haters (why??) go find something else to do besides hate on us because we are doing better.

Source(s): Lions fan
  • Levell
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Exactly how would they afford both QB's? With Stafford's 78 million $ contract and the big $ Manning will demand. Thats why there is a salary cap.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • GTAP!!
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Stafford likes holding clippboards.

• Will
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Manning's likely going to the Niners. The Lions would just be wasting Stafford's talent, and what little cap room they have left.

• 8 years ago

Bear Down, you are still up to your old questions.. I see not much has changed since I left. I expect this from you, even after the Lions made the playoffs. The Lions might not be a great team in comparison to other elite teams in the NFC, but they did something the Bears didn't last year, and that was to make it to the playoffs..

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Matthew Stafford probably would have been all-pro if he had been in the AFC, 4th in passing yards and 3rd in touchdowns. Why would you want him on the bench? He led the Lions to the playoffs for the first time since I was in kindergarten?

Source(s): Detroit fan
  • 8 years ago

Matthew Stafford is better then Peyton Manning.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

How many times has Peyton Manning thrown for 5,038 yards and 41 Touchdowns? Exactly. Sit down.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I don't know.

Wouldn't that glove Stafford has to wear get in the way of proper clipboard holding technique?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.