is facebook down today, 7th March 2012?

I can't get on Facebook on my computer nor my phone, and I tried to check the status of the server but it was through the Facebook website so I couldn't...

Update:

it seems to be down in every country, and I'm from Scotland by the way, I doubt it would be down on a global scale all at once just for maintanence, my best bet is Anonymous :P

247 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It seems to be down on a global scale.

The problem is not known yet.

(at least not in public)

Have a nice, non-facebook day :).

Source(s): I checked it all around the net.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

I can't get on Facebook on my computer nor my phone, and I tried to check the status of the server but it was through the Facebook website so I couldn't...

it seems to be down in every country, and I'm from DUBAI (UAE) by the way, I doubt it would be down on a global scale all at once just for maintenance, my best bet is Anonymous :P

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I have heard, the coders at Facebook released an update that was not ready yet by mistake and could not get it fixed without having to take the whole site off line. It might also be a trick to see what happens if the site crashes on a world wide scale. To try and value the site at more money. Who know but all leave and join GOOGLE PLUS Facebook has got to big now.

• 8 years ago

It seems like Facebook was taken down by Tadjikistan along with 2 other websites because of a critical post about the president Imomali Rahmon

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

They seem to have changed to a global load balancing scheme based on DNS five hours ago and those are not responding properly. Some locations are available, but may be a caching issue.

Other possible reasons like IPv6 misconfiguration seem to be discarded for the moment.

Here in Switzerland, I'm see both scenarios a responsive and unresponsive one.

Source(s): dig www.facebook.com A +trace dig www.facebook.com AAAA +trace
  • 8 years ago

Facebook is offline GLOBALLY. Although facebook can be "pinged" which means sending packets of information to their server which in turn shows the servers are still replying (A good thing).

Although this doesn't help anyone wishing to access facebook.

• 8 years ago

It's down in USA. Local Central time 5:40 pm

• 8 years ago

Down in the Netherlands, but it was working earlier this morning until 7:30.

Down in Italy too.

• 8 years ago

Yesterday the the police cracked down the leaders of 'anonymous'...could there possibly be a link?

Look on CNN.Com : http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/06/technology/anonymo...

Source(s): cnn.com
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Everything is down in Bosnia and Herzegovina including Facebook :) Only politicians hold a certain level of existence.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Isn't it amazing the amount of international comments which proves the value of Facebook as a means of global communication. For all it's faults Facebook rocks and so do all my international friends!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.