Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Why do my fellow conservatives call anyone who isn't a far right fascist a "liberal"?

I am a conservative who is very excited to be voting for Obama a second time this November. I wanted a change after 8 years of Bush and Obama has been doing an amazing job as president even in spite of inheriting Bush's mess. Why do my fellow conservatives call me a "liberal" simply for supporting President Obama, who is actually a very moderate president with many bipartisan stances?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Compared to them, everyone is liberal. They are so far to the right they're falling off the edge.

##

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Because it's much easier for them to just throw out a word like "liberal" than to give any logical reason to why your position is incorrect. Of course I am a liberal so it's really not much of an insult. I also have to say that I'm happy to hear you support Obama. It's easy to forget that there are some smart conservatives out there and you are one of them. Don't listen to what the far right says, keep going with your heart. Best wishes.

Source(s): Re-elect Obama!
  • 8 years ago

The term "liberal" is about as meaningless as "conservative", and just as subject to stereotyping such as you have done here to your fellow conservatives.

Learn again that political persuasion doesn't make you inhuman. Behind that political label, there is a PERSON with real desires and needs, who would like to do most things for himself. And are there really two sides? I think that the dividing into sides is obfuscation to enhance profit-taking and governing, because that happens no matter which persuasion is in power.

Trust politicians? Not me.

• 8 years ago

If anyone took the time to find out even the slightest information as to who this man really is, and more importantly, who are HIS bosses, that person could not possibly support this man's agenda. Amazing? Ludicrous. Dangerous? Indubitably.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

"Liberal" when used by the rightwing functions not as a true description. Instead, it serves as a thought-terminating cliche.

"The language of the totalist environment is characterized by the thought-terminating cliché. The most far-reaching and complex of human problems are compressed into brief, highly reductive, definitive-sounding phrases, easily memorized and easily expressed. These become the start and finish of any ideological analysis."

They don't need to think about the issues. Liberal = Bad to them. so if something is liberal than something is bad.

• 8 years ago

You know, that's funny, cause I'm a far left liberal who voted for Bush twice and can't stand what Obama has done since he took over . . I wondered why all my democrat friends call me a "conservative" simply because I support W who was actually moderate with so many bipartisan stances . . Coincidence?

• 8 years ago

Distorted perspective.

• ??
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Finally a Republican with some common sense.

Star for you!

• James
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I wish more Republicans could be as objective as you are. Vote for the person not the party.

• 8 years ago

I think you mean "communist," or the favorite "Kenyan communist."

They insinuate you're a black man to insult you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.