For the Christians trying to "convert" us Atheists...?

It's clear that Christians want to convert the "non-believers" and ask them to "find it in their hearts to make room for Him". I get that. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being informed about the Christian religion. Why all the hate towards us? Christians, if I recall from... show more It's clear that Christians want to convert the "non-believers" and ask them to "find it in their hearts to make room for Him". I get that. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being informed about the Christian religion.

Why all the hate towards us?

Christians, if I recall from bible school, are to accept others for who they are and what they believe in, even if their beliefs differ from the Christians. There is a big difference between "I understand your beliefs, and here is an explanation of my beliefs so you can take it into consideration" and "You are all stupid and ignorant, so convert to Christianity".

There are far too many questions in Yahoo Answers trying to prove Atheists wrong in their belief of not believing in any God. I have never seen so many rants on evolution, fossil records, origins of life and the universe, when there is so much evidence supporting it. A principle belief in science is that true scientists never ignore paranormal, supernatural, or religious explanations to an event; rather, they perform tests to find the best explanation for it. This isn't to say that the event wasn't paranormal, or supernatural, or "the work of God"; it just means we don't understand it.

Atheists aren't "stupid"; we just believe in something different. If you want us to even CONSIDER converting, you need to gain our respect; else, we'll just continue to have this never-ending battle.

Rant if you must, because I really want to know why all this hate and degradation and trying to prove science wrong, etc. Don't sugarcoat the truth, nor should you be hesitant in explaining your beliefs.
Update: EDIT: So glad to finally have some decent answers, from both sides. No "hate" or "stupid" or anything like that. I do agree that Christians aren't the only ones trying to "prove" Atheists wrong; I've seen plenty of Atheists try to "prove" the Christians wrong. I just... show more EDIT: So glad to finally have some decent answers, from both sides. No "hate" or "stupid" or anything like that. I do agree that Christians aren't the only ones trying to "prove" Atheists wrong; I've seen plenty of Atheists try to "prove" the Christians wrong. I just see the "proving Christians wrong" in more answers than questions. I don't normally look into the religious section, but I always find myself drawn to the questions for Atheists and Christians and laugh at the simple idea that both sides are trying to disprove the other. There's a huge lack of respect that does need to be addressed.
Update 2: @somebodysson: A perfectly reasonable argument, that Atheism is in itself a religion. Religion does, however, require worship (by D1 definition), and if we don't believe in God, who do we worship? @DaveD: I do realize that many Christians believe in the theory of evolution. I was a bit general in mentioning... show more @somebodysson: A perfectly reasonable argument, that Atheism is in itself a religion. Religion does, however, require worship (by D1 definition), and if we don't believe in God, who do we worship?

@DaveD: I do realize that many Christians believe in the theory of evolution. I was a bit general in mentioning that. Perhaps if I include the ideas that God watched over the progress of evolution after his creation, as well as the idea that all living things came from a prokaryotic cell, this could help a bit?

@Cody: I really like your statement of "any spiritual belief is simply a tool for life direction". I share that belief too; I choose to believe what I believe because I do not believe Christianity will be helpful in steering my life the way I think it should.

@Mariana: Thank you. I was born into a Christian family (Roman Catholic), and your beliefs are definitely something I remember learning while I attended church.
Update 3: @NEVER SUBMIT: One-sentence answers regarding religion should not be given, I agree. Christianity is a very diverse and expansive religion, and through over 2000 years of Bible translations, it is assumed that misconceptions do exist in the religion, some being more destructive than others. Your answer makes a lot... show more @NEVER SUBMIT: One-sentence answers regarding religion should not be given, I agree. Christianity is a very diverse and expansive religion, and through over 2000 years of Bible translations, it is assumed that misconceptions do exist in the religion, some being more destructive than others. Your answer makes a lot of sense to me, so thank you for taking both sides into consideration. I'll be sure to contact you if I think of other questions regarding the faith.