I've got emails from IRS: Is this for real or a scam?

I'm not a native speaker of English and I don't live in the States anymore. (I used to live in NYC a couple years ago though.) Somehow, I've got a few emails from IRS,

"Dear Chief Accountant Officer,

Hereby you are notified that your Tax Return Appeal id#3955915 has been DECLINED. If you consider that the IRS did not properly assess your case due to a misunderstanding of the situation, be prepared to submit additional information. You can access the rejection file and re-submit your appeal using the following link Online Tax Appeal.

Internal Revenue Service"

What does it exactly say? Do you think this is a scam that I should ignore or should I really contact IRS? I'm a naive alien whose first language isn't English. Please help me how to handle this!

Favorite Answer

""Dear Chief Accountant Officer, "

This is the #1 tip off that its a SCAM,

in a REAL communication from any official source,

they would address you by NAME, they do not know your name,

therefore the whole thing is FAKE, its FRAUD!

don't waste your time on it!

GOOD LUCK

Simply if you didnt recognise the ssource, its a scam.. Its like you receive an email that you won a lottery, but in the first place, you did not even enter the lottery.. Make sense right???

Good luck and all the best! Im pretty sure its a scam.. I got an email once from a foreign business tycoon and another a so called foreign prince lol...

Source(s): myself..

SCAM- the IRS even has warnings on their website about this. The IRS NEVER emails anyone. They always contact you by mail

• gulini

it is a hundred% a rip-off. you're sending $440 of your guy or woman money to the scammer. What happens is they have pretend shoppers bid on the products, pay you, then you definately deliver the money. Then they record a chargeback with Amazon asserting they on no account have been given what they ordered. in case you have not got info of transport, which you will not have on the grounds which you're actually not delivery any products, Amazon continuously refunds their money it is tax evasion - the owner won't be able to take taxes out. you would be seen self-employed in this occasion and would pay money on each and every charge you get carry of, in spite of in case you deliver $440 to the corporation. you're paying taxes on the finished quantity won you're getting used to dedicate fraud against Amazon. do not deliver those criminals any money

It is a scam. Do not answer it.

If you want to contact the IRS, you can do so at: http://www.irs.gov/ [their official web site].

These emails a VERY common.

Here is an IRS web page that refers to them: http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=155682,0...

SCAM. The IRS does not email.

The IRS does not send emails.

They never have.