what is a C+E ADR Driver licence?

What does vehicles does this type of Licence allow me to drive?

2 Answers

  • Andy
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer


    This is a Large Goods Vehicle licence category C+E with an ADR (VTC) certification to drive dangerous materials.

    For example a petrol tanker...

    Category C - Vehicles over 3,500 kg, with a trailer up to 750 kg

    Category C+E - Vehicles over 3,500 kg, with a trailer over 750 kg




  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    ADR is separate from LGV training, an "add-on" if you like. ADR training under ADR regulations has to be in the classroom and involves ADR exams. There are 9 classes of ADR dangerous goods and they are: Class 1 - Explosives - not a common class Class 2 - Gases Class 3 - Liquids Class 4 - Solids Class 5 - Oxidising Agents Class 6 - Toxins Class 7 - Radioactives - not a common class Class 8 - Corrosives Class 9 - Miscellaneous These hazardous goods can be carried in some kind of package. The majority can also be carried in a road tanker (Hazchem). Training is usually for the 7 common ADR classes and may be for: ADR Classes in packages ADR classes in packages and tankers ADR Class 3 Liquids only in tankers (including petrol and diesel) ADR Class 5 only packages (fertiliser) The following classes can usually be covered by following an extra course: ADR Class 1 Explosives ADR Class 7 Radioactives "New" ADR drivers have to take an ADR training course for the carriage of dangerous goods which lasts for up tp 4½ days depending on the option selected. The driver training certificate lasts for 5 years. I'd speak to your present trainer, he'll either provide the training or know of someone nearby who does.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.