What do you think of the New York City Police Department profiling Muslims?

Today many Muslim Groups came out to support the NYPD. Do you believe they are true American Muslims? Do you think they are supporting the NYPD because they realize that every Muslim caught and prevented from from setting off a bomb etc. is saving all lives including Muslim lives? Let's keep in mind that the Muslim Terrorists that were trained in the US and took down the WTC murdered many Muslim sons, daughters, husbands and wives. The Muslim Terrorist that tried to blow up a car in Times Square could care less if he took out Muslims or Americans. There have been many more thwarted Islamic Terrorist attacks and many of the terrorists were students attending colleges and Universities in the USA.

EDIT: I am not interested in juvenile answers full of hatred and threats. I would like to receive well thoughtout truthful answers.

Sorry, I should have posted websites relating to the rally.

http://www.nydailynews.com / new-york / rep-peter-king-muslim-le.

http://www.foxnews.com / us / 2012 / 03 / 05 / third-jihad-narrator-pla / -

http://www.pantagraph.com / news / national / islamic-groups-hold-rall / article_763bf157-0934-5d... ..

Albion, the Jews in Israel retaliate when attacked. You may call them anything you like. However, they are certainly not attacking the United States. Be aware that the Muslims are not the only ones profiled in NYC. Gangs, ex-convicts, drug dealers and home grown American Terrorists are also profiled and certainly tracked.

Rebel Sistah; Listen Sweetie, those groups supporting the NYPD had nothing to be afraid of. There were probably as many Muslims at the rally that were protesting the NYPD profiling of Muslims as those that were for it. It is pretty obvious they don't have freedom of speech or religion in your Country.

Those that are for the NYPD profiling are thinking of

the safety of their own Muslim family members and friends. Those who have done nothing wrong have nothing to fear.

Best Answer

If it stops a car bomb from going off on a crowded NY street, I'm all for it.

Rebel Road Sistah: You're just repeating false liberal talking points. Timothy McVeigh did not commit his terrorist act in the name of his religion. In fact, he was not a religious man. He did not scream "Praise God" before he set off his bomb. Look at the below excerpt of a Time magazine interview with Mcveigh.

McVeigh was born Catholic but drifted away from the faith. He told Time magazine in 1996 that he believed in a deity but had “lost touch with the religion” of his birth.

He became a little bit more specific before his execution in 2001. We might call him spiritual but not religious. He claimed to be agnostic but not an atheist. McVeigh believed in “science” and not “religion,” he said. (In fact, he said his religion was science.) His murky metaphysical notions included some sort of Deistic creator who set things in motion, not the personal God of Christianity.

Do you know which airline is the safest most secure in the world? It's El Al in Israel. In the past they had a lot of problems with hijackers and terrorists shooting their pilots. Part of El Al's security is profiling. They haven't had a security problem in many years.

• uc410

NYPD is justified in their surveillance of muslims. Remember it was MUSLIMS terrorists who were responsible for the September 11th attacks. Also there have been several MUSLIMS terrorists who have been intercepted before they were able to carry out their dastardly deeds. Based on these facts there is justification for continued surveillance on this enemy of America.

And there is no such thing as an American muslim. And as a final note if they do not want to be under surveillance they have an option...they can go back to their own country.

Idk who these "Muslim groups" are, but I sure as hell would not support the "NYPD" and I am about as true an American as any Christian American. By religiously profiling just one group of people, not only are you taking away freedom and equality, you are digging a hole for yourselves. Christian terrorists such as Timothy McVeigh also could care less if they killed Christians or non-Christians. So why give them a free pass? What are you saying that Christian/Jewish terrorists are any less a threat than Muslim terrorists? If you are going to profile one group, then profile all religious people. If not, then do not single one out.

I think it's abominable; I think it's illegal; and I think those Muslims who support the NYPD in this instance are doing so out of fear. What would happen to them if they spoke out about it? They'd be immediate suspects, that's what.

I don't recall rightwing Christians being spied upon when Tim McVeigh set off a bomb in Oklahoma City. In the United States, ALL religious groups---or groups who have no religion at all---are supposed to be afforded the same rights and freedoms. This simply is not the case here. The common denominator is that all those profiled were Muslim. I can see that my answer won't win any thumbs-ups here, but what if YOUR religion, ethnicity, political party, etc. etc. etc. is next? Wouldn't you want someone to speak up for you? Or would you sit idly by while your rights were stripped from you?

When you profile you look at the facts about someone. To look at someone because they are of a certain religion is up for debate. If you do this then you must profile the Catholics and the Protestants in NY. Then were do you go next. I know for one the Jews don't like to be called terrorists but i think you will find they have them. Then we move on to the White supremacists and the BLACK gangsters. I think like most things in the world and especially the US over the top is the usual coarse of action. Gung Ho.

• Karl

Everybody is profiled

the way people walk dress speak behave is all noted by the police

It's about time.

so a country that once prided it self on being free is now profiling people coz of there religion

i always thought it was one of country's Constitution that a person should be free with out prejudiced to follow the religion of there choice

how easy you disregard your principles

Source(s): my head
  • myant

I think we have people in American politics and their puppets that need to be profiled...but then we dont have enough police for that big job... God bless Sheriff Aripao.

I think they're doing their jobs.