promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Name for a German shepherd pup?

We just got a little girl German shepherd and are trying to name her. Here are some of our ideas, but certainly feel free to suggest more:

Sadie Mae (too popular for my liking)

Vivienne "Vivi"

Sandy

Camilla "Cami"

Ada

Adalie

Ivy

Adela

Artemis

Atia

My dad had German shepherds growing up and they were named Leiba (Lee-ba, girl) and Adolf. However, we can't find any German names we like.

Help? (she's tri color, tan with a dark face and really dark blue eyes and a lighter stomach)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Ada sounds good

& awww i <3 German shepherds

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ChiMom
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Gretchen... she was a Great GS of a friend of mine's:) Damsel...was a beautiful long coat! Angel....was my protector..she saved my little girls' lives:) Co-Co Chanel.... is a white GS Ruby... was a rescue and a survivor Isabella....she loved everybody These dogs have been a part of my life in one way or another and have all been loyal, kind, smart wonderful German Shepherds and all names have Good Carma associated with them:) Have Fun and Congratulations on having a new puppy:) She sounds beautiful!!

Source(s): 50 yrs experience with dogs:)
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Aww! Ada is suuch a gorgeous name for a german sherperd! i think you should go with Ada.

• Sophie
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

How about Madchen? pronounced "may - chin". german for little girl. you can call her May for short

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.