Winky KHANtroversy...?

Okayy, so I wanna get you guys opinions on Winky Wright. Im sure most of you well say something insulting then follow it up with a, "he should retire already and go die somewhere" .. Please come with something different.

Soo, most recently Winky had a upcoming fight against a guy by the name of Peter Quillin. It was scheduled on the undercard of the May 5th bout between Mayweather and Cotto. But, a week or two ago, the fight was canceled for some unknown reason. Now, im a BIG fan of Wink and want to see him back. This is also about the fourth or fifth time this has happend. Ppl say, "ohh he's to inactive, he doesn't want to fight anymore" that isn't true because if it wasn't for "SOME PPL" he would have about 4+5 good fights on his record. It's not the fighters because they both agreed and are just waiting for they chance too shine. But what do think is going on? Why do they keep doing this to certain fighters? (<< This has also happend to fighters like a Roy Jones Jr., Cornelius Bundrage, Paul Williams-in the past, Sergio Martinez-in the past and so on) Who do you think is behind it? Where do you see Winky's future? Do you see him pulling out one more title run? He has been in the gym training for the longest of times so him in shape is no problem.

LET WINKY WRIGHT FIGHT! STOP SCREWING UP GOOD DECENT FIGHTS!

KHANtroversy thing.. It was a inside joke with me and a friend. You get it? Amir Khan? All he does is b*tch about losing a close fight? CONtroversy=Khantroversy? Winky Wright is a controversal fighter?Awe man, if that's not funny you have no sense of humor. Lol. Im joking around but that was for @Gabriel B

Favorite Answer

Yeah Wright ; )

I am not sure why you spelled controversy with Khan but okay... Winky Wright makes fighters look bad win or lose. He has an awkward and effective defense that gives fighters fits. He has always been avoided because he is tough and because he is not a huge draw. The promoters cancelled a fight in 2009 because of lack of revenue. Winky himself withdrew from a fight scheduled for last April with Macklin because of an injury to his right hand. So some of it is that he is avoided and some of it is just the kind of stuff that happens in the sport.

I would like to see him fight Martinez too, that would be an interesting match up of defensive boxing against Martinez's aggression and skill.

@ Shawn: cool, cool; just a hint though, inside jokes don't play well on the internet ; )

I do agree about Khan though. It was a close and controversially refereed fight. He just has to avenge the loss, that's it, otherwise he's just making himself look like a punk.

As for Winky, I never saw him as controversial. He's just the type of fighter that no one wants to fight because he makes you look bad and might beat you. I give Mosely props for fighting him and Paul Williams handled him. Paul was once feared as well, but know that everyone saw the shot that put him down against Martinez, people aren't as hesitant to fight the Punisher. Winky however, could still give a lot of fighters trouble. I hope he gets another shot. Lord knows he deserves one for the work he's put in.