Studying at a University with a Higher Diploma?

I am currently studying for a higher diploma for legal and administrative studies at Hong Kong in IVE, a vocational education centre. I will graduate next year and I would like to study at a university abroad, preferably back in Canada as I was previously studying there a few years ago during my childhood.

My grades are not that amazing, averaging at 60s out of 100 for most subjects except English which I always do well in and no fails.

For my HKCEE, I only failed physics and passed everything else at 10 total marks with 5* for GCSE Chinese which is not counted in the total of that 10 marks.

I would like to know the requirements and easiest route for going back to Canada to studying university and if I still have to work harder for better marks. Or if theres an alternate relatively easy route to studying university in HK or even Australia.

Note that I can only fairly speak and read Cantonese and can barely write it.

1 Answer

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Your grades are not good enough to be admitted to most universities in Canada. You would need to upgrade.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.