What sites are legitimate for online high-school in new york?

I'm considering taking online high school throughout the rest of my junior year and senior year vs public school

Favorite Answer

Previous Answer to a similar question:

I have become wary of all online schools since my situation. I believe they are all about the money and they don't provide quality materials which is why even if they are accredited colleges and universities won't accept you. A few years ago colleges looked pass the fact that people got their diplomas online/homeschooling but now that they are aware of the curriculum and how testing goes (usually at home which allows cheating) They feel it's not equivalent to a standard core high school education or a GED.

HERE ARE THE SIX ACCREDITING AGENCIES IN THE UNITED STATES FOR SCHOOLS THAT COLLEGE ACCEPT BUT EVEN IF YOUR HIGH SCHOOL IS ON THE LIST STAY AWAY FROM IT IF IT ALSO INCLUDES DISTANCE EDUCATION AND TRAINING COUNCIL (DETC). MOST COLLEGES WILL NOT ADMIT YOU

Your school should only be accredited by one of the six if its combined with (DETC) DON'T DO IT!!!

1)New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)

2)North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement(NCA)

3)Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA)

4)Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS)

5)Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)

6)Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges (NWCCU)

Alternatively, some online schools are accredited by the Distance Education Training Council. The DETC is also recognized by the United States Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. DETC accreditation is considered valid by many employers. However, many regionally accredited schools will not accept course credits from DETC accredited schools and some employers may be leery of these degrees. They mostly likely will not accept you. Colleges are becoming aware of these businesses and are starting to blacklist them. Some colleges will accept you but the lather from what I've been researching online won't.

TRUST ME GET A GED

Here are the facts and my personal experience:

I am a GED graduate and got accepted to a 4 year university (You have to take your SATs if you don't you might won't to go to a community college then transfer over during your 2nd semester) I am a Pre-Med Major and will be applying to medical school in a few years. I started a free website to encourage people to take the GED because there is so much speculations about the GED being bad and associating it with low class, uneducated, dumb, low life, etc. The people who are doing the speculation have not gone through getting a GED and being turned away from a school they are simply judging.

Who Accepts the GED Credential

 Credentials are issued by jurisdictional partners

 98% of colleges and universities that require a

high school diploma accept the GED credential

(Annual Survey of Colleges 2007. Copyright ® 2007. The

College Board.)

 96% of companies accept applicants with a GED

credential for jobs requiring a high school degree

(Society for Human Resource Management, 2002)

Renowned GED Credential Recipients

 Ruth Ann Minner, Governor of Delaware

 Mary Lou Retton, Olympic Medal-Winner

 Dave Thomas, Founder of Wendy’s

 F. Story Musgrave, NASA Shuttle Astronaut

 Bill Cosby, Comedian and Actor

 Honorable Greg Mathis, U.S. District Court Judge

 Gretchen Wilson, Country Music Musician

 Richard Carmona, Former U.S. Surgeon General

 Michael J. Fox, Actor and Advocate

 Wally Amos, Founder of Famous Amos Cookies

FREE GED HELP

http://www.operationged.com

ask me any questions about the GED operationged@yahoo.com

ANY QUESTIONS ANYONE operationged@gmail.com http://www.operationged.com I hope make the right decisions. I had to learn the hard way.

I always share this motivational video of GED Graduates who became Doctors/Astronaut/Governors/Judges/Celeb…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU9RZDug8

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): It's up to you.
  • Joann

First of all, get into the proper mindset. Get an inexpensive camera and carry it wherever you go. Get it into your head that the day you forget the camera you will find something you would haved loved to shoot and you will miss that shot. Eventually you will notice you prefer a certain kind of photo. You will still need to get some books or take a class, but you really need to go out there with a camera, ANY camera, and just shoot. The camera does not need to be fancy. If it is digital don't even sweat the maximum pixel count, since you are still learning. As you get used to shoot pictures you will get to the point where the camera won't cut it for you, that is the first indication that you are really to bump it up a notch and maybe spend some money in a course and/or a better camera.

1

Source(s): Ultimate Photography Guide http://PhotographyMasterclass.enle.info/?EctE
  • LJ

There are none.

The NY State Dept. of Education will not accredit any online schools. (Thank goodness!)

This online photography courses have been designed to help you absorb as much photographic knowledge and new photographic skills as possible. https://tr.im/8C6nM

The advanced teaching methods make it easier than ever to learn the new skills you need, whilst keeping it easy and simple for your skill-level.