Can you please read and correct my essay?

Is my thesis statement good enough?, Is there anything confusing about it and is it boring?...

Thankyou so much in advance.

Narrative Essay: My First Time Traveling Alone

Nervousness is the reaction to anticipating something new or very important in your life. It is an emotion that is commonly felt before an event in which you are unsure of the outcome. One of the most memorable moments in my life was when I went to South Africa, I will never forget this experience as long as I live, for it was an eventful but yet nerve wrecking trip that helped me learn to be independent. It all started a few months before I graduated from high school when my mother told me that she had gotten me a round-trip plane ticket to visit a few of my relatives in Johannesburg, South Africa. The weeks flew by awaiting the day of my graduation and awaiting the day when I had to finally board the airplane to start my vacation. Being able to go to Johannesburg was a huge deal for me. However, I wasn’t looking forward to the long flight because I was extremely nervous about flying solo.

The day finally came, I was a little tired because I had stayed up late the night before to finish up with packing my belongings and could hardly sleep because I was overcome with anticipation. I hadn't gone on a trip or seen a few of my family members in a little over six years and I was nervous. I sat in the backseat of the car with my cousin on my way to Los Angeles International airport. My stomach was filled with butterflies and my mind with fears and countless thoughts. I remember repeatedly asking my mother several questions about my itinerary. My flight was scheduled to leave at 12pm but we arrived at the airport a few hours early in order to check in my luggage. I got my boarding pass, said my goodbyes and headed toward the boarding gate.

My Nerves were shot and my heart thumped against my chest. Yet, I summed up the courage to get on the airplane. I dragged my carry on bag along the carpet floor and followed the travelers ahead of me, slowly walking down the long narrow hall that led me to the crew who were leading passengers onto the airplane. I got to the entrance of the plane and handed the flight attendant my boarding pass. She then took a look at it and pointed me toward the left side of the airplane. I found my seat and tried to place my carry on bag into the overhead compartment but, I wasn’t tall enough and my trembling hands couldn't hold onto it so, it slipped from my hold. A kind hearted well dressed tall man grabbed the bag and offered to put it in the overhead compartment for me. One of the flight attendants, over the intercom, asked for everyone to please take their seats and prepare for departure.

I took my seat by the window, tried to relax and got as comfortable as I could but, all I could think of was how lonely traveling on my own was going to be. I thought about everything that could possibly go wrong and I thought about the five hour layover that I was dreading at New York City’s JFK airport. After the flight attendants were done with the safety procedures, the airplane headed out toward the runway and we began our flight. I looked outside the window as the airplane lifted off and watched everything get smaller and smaller. I listened to the music on my iPod the whole time during the six hour flight. We landed in New York safely and I disembarked the plane and stepped into a hectic airport that was crowded with travelers from different walks of life. I made my way down an escalator and got through all the airport security procedures. I proceeded to make my way to my next flight’s boarding gate, where I was to board my next flight to Johannesburg, South Africa.

The layover at JFK wasn’t as long and lonesome as I thought it would be. I kept myself busy by walking through the small shops that were in the terminal and, conversed with an outgoing college student from New York who was going to be on the same flight as I was. I waited at least three hours before boarding the plane and was sitted in my assigned seat, when the pilot finally announced that it was time for take off. The flight was long and boring but, I kept busy by watching movies and listening to music. After twenty three long hours of flying, I finally landed in Johannesburg and was thrilled to see my aunt and my cousins waiting for me at the baggage claim. I will never forget my first time traveling solo, for it taught me to not always be nervous and fearful of trying new things. It showed me that I am capable of doing a lot of things on my own. I also learnt that I love to travel so; I am eagerly waiting to book my next flight for my next trip.

Favorite Answer

Nervousness can be defined as the reaction to anticipating something new or very important in your life. This emotion is most commonly felt before an event in which you are unsure of the outcome. One of the most memorable moments in my life was my trip to South Africa. Through the eventful and nerve wrecking experiences of this trip, I was able to inadvertantly learn how to be independent.

It all began a few months before my graduation from high school. My mother informed me that she had purchased round-trip plane tickets for me to visit some of my relatives in Johannesburg, South Africa. The weeks seemed to fly by as I awaited my graduation, and the day I would finally board the airplane to commence my vacation. Though I was nervous about flying solo, this trip was a really huge deal to me.

The day finally came, but I was a little tired. I had been up late the night before doing some last minute packing. When I finally laid down, I could hardly sleep, overcome with anticipation. It had been a little over six years since I had seen some of my family members, and I could hardly contain my nervousness. My cousin sat next to me in the backseat of the car as we made our way to Los Angeles International airport. My stomach was filled with butterflies and my mind with fears and countless thoughts. I remember repeatedly asking my mother several questions about my itinerary. Though I wasn't scheduled to leave until 12pm, we arrived a few hours early to check in my luggage. I obtained my boarding pass, said my goodbyes, and headed toward the boarding gate.

My nerves were shot and my heart thumped against my chest. Yet I somehow summed up the courage to get on the airplane. Following the travelers ahead of me, I dragged my carry on bag along the carpet floor, slowly walking down the narrow hall leading to the crew directing passengers onto the airplane. I reached the entrance of the plane and handed the flight attendant my boarding pass. She took a quick look at it and pointed me toward the left side of the airplane. I located my seat and attempted to place my carry on bag into the overhead compartment, but due to my short stature and trembling hands, I could not hold onto it, and it slipped from my grasp. A kind hearted, well dressed tall man grabbed the bag and offered to put it in the overhead compartment for me. One of the flight attendants came onto the intercom and asked for everyone to please take their seats and prepare for departure.

I took my seat by the window, and tried to relax and get comfortable, but all I could focus on was my fear of traveling alone. My mind raced with thoughts of all the possible things that could go wrong, and I dreaded the five hour layover at New York City's JFK airport. After the flight attendants were finished presenting the safety procedures, the airplane headed out toward the runway and we began our flight. I gazed out the window as the airplane lifted off, and watched as everything grew smaller and smaller. I listened to the music on my iPod the entire six hour flight. We landed safely in New York and I disembarked the plane, stepping into a hectic airport, crowded with travelers from many different walks of life. I made my way down an escalator and got through all airport security procedures. I proceeded to make my way to my next flight's boarding gate, where I was to board my next flight to Johannesburg, South Africa.

The layover at JFK wasn't as long and lonesome as I had originally thought it would be. I kept myself busy by visiting small shops located in the terminal and conversing with an outgoing college student from New York who was going to be on the same flight as I was. At least three hours passed before I boarded the plane and was seated in my assigned seat. The pilot finally announced that it was time for take off. The flight was long and boring, but I busied myself by watching movies and listening to music. Following twenty three long hours of flight, I finally landed in Johannesburg and was thrilled to see my aunt and cousins waiting for me at the baggage claim. I will never forget my first experience traveling solo. It taught me that I should not always be nervous and fearful about trying new things. I know realize that I am capable of doing many things on my own. I know have a newfound passion for travel, so I am eagerly waiting to book the next flight for my next trip.

Johannesburg is the 2nd largest city in Africa, with increased than 3 million people calling this bustling town house and if you want to visit this outstanding town then that hotelbye is the place to start. Johannesburg presents guests an event as unique and diverse as the town itself. Whether you are on business, in search of a social experience, an adrenaline dash or simply just wish to flake out and unwind for a couple days, the town of Johannesburg has everything you are trying to find and more! In Johannesburg you are able to look at the Soweto (an abbreviation for South-western Townships) at 20 kilometres southwest of Johannesburg. That place presents readers a trip into the heart of the fight for flexibility and the birthplace of the battle for democracy.

F that 5h1t, Ty for 2 pts

you spelled a word wrong, and some of the sentence structures are out of order