Is Bruce Wayne going to die in The Dark Knight Rises?

Okay - so I'm a little bit of a Batman fanatic. Having to watch Joel Schumacher destroy the batman franchise was crippling - and I am ecstatic over the work that Christopher Nolan has done now that he is at the helm. Given all that I know about Chris Nolan, he is very crafty in how he portrays his films in... show more Okay - so I'm a little bit of a Batman fanatic.

Having to watch Joel Schumacher destroy the batman franchise was crippling - and I am ecstatic over the work that Christopher Nolan has done now that he is at the helm. Given all that I know about Chris Nolan, he is very crafty in how he portrays his films in trailers. He wants you to think that you know how the movie is going to go down.

I've also heard that Nolan wants this to be the final batman - and I'm assuming that means giving us closure. There will be a definitive end to this franchise - but I feel that he wants to make a movie that implies how "batman" never ends. Bruce Wayne may die, but not Batman...if that makes any sense. The movie looks dark and I can already tell Batman is going to take a beating.

Do you think Nolan is going to have Bruce go out like a martyr...and die in this film?