Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Christians, doesn't the sub-text of Genesis tell us everything we need to know about your religion?

Basically what Genesis tells us is that Adam and Eve could have stayed in the garden of eden, if it wasn't for the fact that they wanted to find something out. God, being the total bas-tard that he is, put a special tree in the garden and forbade them from eating from it (the tree of knowledge as it turns out, gee, what's that tell ya?) know what the easiest way to make kids want to do something? Tell them it's against the rules for them to do so.

And when they DID exactly what everyone with half a brain should know that they were going to do, he actually get's mad at them!

Your religion is anti-intellectual. It is anti-free thought and anti-self determination. I cannot think of a worse curse on mankind.

(well islam comes in second, but since it's an almost direct rip-off of christianity, I can't blame them 100%)

Funny how NONE of you can refute what I said.

Which, is typical of you. You rant and rave and change the subject. Meanwhile the subject at hand is conveniently forgotten by you while you jump up and down with your hands over your ears yelling "Is not! Is not!"

Your childish nonsense is truly laughable.

In color,

Thank you!

Edom,

I know! And yet they actually defend their adherence to this brand of brain-sucking lunacy!

More idiotic prattle;

"Th subtext of genesis is that God created creation and he called it good.

Then evil entered creation."

How could that POSSIBLY happen if god created EVERYTHING? He MUST have created evil then too! If not, then evil either existed at the same time as him, or created itself. Either way, he is not omnipotent. Why then call him god?

Honestly, you people keep proving my point over and over again and you can't even see it.

Favorite Answer

Another Ignorant Rant by a Theophobic & confused atheist who is proselytizing his atheism in R&S

Ohh it's Not that we cannot refute what you had to say, thats easy enough, But you don't want a refutation, you just want to argue out of a sense to get enjoyment from it, Thats all you want,

God certainly wants us to spread the gospel (Matthew 28:19) and to defend the truths of His word (Romans 1:16). On the other hand, we are not obligated to waste our time trying to convince the unwilling. In fact, we are warned not to expend excessive effort on those who are clearly disinterested in any honest discussions (Matthew 7:6). Jesus told the apostles to go and preach the Word, but He did not expect them to stay anywhere until every single last person had been converted (Matthew 10:14). and Thats you.

When we have made a good-faith effort to talk to someone, and he or she is unreachable, then we are commanded to “shake the dust off” of our shoes (Luke 9:5) and spend our time talking to those who are more spiritually open. As in all things, the wisdom of God is crucial. God has promised that wisdom to us if we ask (James 1:5), and we should pray for it and trust God’s prompting to know how and when to break off the dialog with a hostile atheist, andf I have seen you on here long enough to know that,

Now educate yourself by reading this

The Moody Handbook of Theology: Revised and Expanded

By: Paul Enns

http://www.christianbook.com/moody-handbook-theolo...

BTW YA! is NOT repeat NOT a place for you to go around Flaming your Philosophy/Ideology

One small correction. It was not the tree of knowledge. It was the tree of knowledge of good and evil. In eating our first parents declared themselves arbiters of right and wrong. And we're still doing the same thing today. But your strongly felt attitude isn't based on truth. It's up to you to despise Christianity if you want. But the reason you've given doesn't fit.

Critics of the Church have claimed a lot of things, some with justification. But calling Christianity anti-intellectual? That one won't stick. Just check out the histories of the major universities in Europe and the US. You'll find they were founded by Christians.

• J

This is not the subtext of Genesis.

What you have here is the very definition of NOT the subtext of genesis.

Th subtext of genesis is that God created creation and he called it good.

Then evil entered creation.

And God enacted a plan to rescue and redeem it.

• Joel

There are two ways to know an opponent: by submission and by resistance.

Adam and Eve would have known good and evil whether they obeyed or not, Canada. God simply wanted them to know it from the right side of things (I want my children to know that heroin is bad for them - I don't want them to know by experience).

God gets mad because of the disobedience. If your son or daughter disobeys your one and only command, wouldn't you get pissed? And anti-intellectual? More like preservation of innocence.

Freewill. Now go back to your igloo and shut the Hell up.

.

You and your religion of atheism is anti-intellectual. It is anti-free thought and anti-self determination. I cannot think of a worse curse on mankind.

. . .

Well I'd much rather believe what I believe about Genesis than to sit on yahoo all day as angry and hate-filled as you, my love.

Your anger and frustration is only hurting yourself.

Nothing in the bible actually makes any sense... I don't know how people "believe" in all the nonsense...

• Owl

Christians didn't write Genesis. Christianity didn't exist at the time. Your complaint is with Jews and Judaism.