How do I troubleshoot a fixture to my low voltage landscaping lights?

I had to replace my transformer and I got all the lights to burn but one fixture. The bulbs were all replaced so I know its not the bulb. I took the top off of the non working fixture numerous times and slid it back over the cables but still no light. The little blades thats under the socket are supposed to cut... show more I had to replace my transformer and I got all the lights to burn but one fixture. The bulbs were all replaced so I know its not the bulb. I took the top off of the non working fixture numerous times and slid it back over the cables but still no light. The little blades thats under the socket are supposed to cut into the wire to make a connection, correct??
Update: I tried measuring the voltage at the fixture that is not working and did not get anything at all. How can I fix that? Also, the probes that I have are not able to pierce the wire. So how can I actually measure the voltage?