Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 9 years ago

A minor league baseball team plays 89 games in a season. If the team won 13 more than three times as many game?

A minor league baseball team plays 89 games in a season. If the team won 13 more than three times as many games as they lost, how many wins and losses did the team have?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Let x equal the number of games the team lost, and let 3x+13 equal the number of games the team won. So you do x+3x+13=89. Then you combine like terms, to get 4x+13=89. Next subtract 13 from both sides to get 4x=76. Now both sides by 4 to get x=19. So they lost 19 games. Now substitute in the 19 for the equation for the number of games they lost: 3(19)+13. You would get 70. So the answer is they lost 19 games and won 70. (sorry that was probably confusing) :]

• 4 years ago

i'm gonna supply the purple Sox an A- They gained 5 of six video games and gained the two series, sweeping the Twins and being now only 0.5 a interest at the back of the Yankees. Lackey pitched a one-hitter by using six innings the day gone by and Clay Buchholz continues to be undefeated, entering into this week with a a million.seventy 8 era. Now they face a vulnerable White Sox group who ought to take only 2 out of four against the now hyped up Angels before they arrive returned residing house to play for the final 4 circumstances this season against the AL significant optimum Indians. edit: i could desire to show that lester is undefeated besides with a 2.seventy two era and an entire interest one-hitter a week and a nil.5 in the past.

• 4 years ago

I also want to ask the same question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.