Assisted Suicide Debate Questions?

I have to do a debate about assisted suicide. I don't know what position I am and so I need to know some questions that I could ask my opponet for pro and con. Thanks.

• peetri
    Favorite Answer

Edit: Questions you say?

Con can ask pro:

How can you allow a poor, suffering human being to die in their most desperate time of need?

Doesn't this encourage suicide?

You're just going to let people die, when they could be missing out on the chance to cure their disease?

Wouldn't assisted suicide just add more money to someone's hospital bill? Would insurance allow their customers to kill themselves, and therefore stop making money on them?

Pro can ask the con:

Does the government have the right to tell me i have to live when i want to die? Shouldn't a family that knows the patient well make that decision?

You may say that assisted suicide isn't death as god intended, but don't people prolong their life by unnatural means? (medicine, surgery etc)

If a patient has the right to refuse treatment, why can't they take it a step further and have the right to "end all"

• season

Assisted Suicide Questions

DR. KEVORKIAN HAD IT RIGHT !!

WHY WOULD ANYONE LET A HUMAN BEING SUFFER , WHEN THERE IS NO CHANCE OF GETTING BETTER . THE PHYSICAL PAIN , EMOTIONAL PAIN ETC......

YET , AT A HORSE RACING TRACK , IF THE HORSE GOES DOWN WITH A BROKEN LEG , THEY BRING OUT A HUGE SHOWER CURTAIN & SHOOT IT ON THE SPOT SO THE HORSE DOES NOT SUFFER ..

SO WHY SHOULD HUMANS SUFFER ???

Source(s): HENCE , THE PHRASE " THEY SHOOT HORSES DON'T THEY "